The Smiths Andy Rourke signed gold disc for Rank inc great provenance & history on eBay

Michael_Green

eBay listing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255567966899?hash=item3b8109b2b3:g:I5UAAOSw-pdim63Z

I purchased this gold disc in May 1999 from Simon Wall, a well known dealer in presentation discs at the time. He advertised this and some other Smiths presentation discs in the April 1999 edition of Record Collector and, 23 years ago, it cost me £495.

What makes this extra special, is that it is signed by Andy Rourke to the reverse of the frame, it also has a note from Andy on his personal invoice paper which is also signed and acts as a sort-of COA and I have shown the original advert from 23 years ago (which is not included in the sale but I am sure you could find an April 1999 copy of Record Collector if you so wished).

In addition to that, this is the disc with the BPI certified logo on it. To my knowledge, additional copies of presentation discs can be ordered by the recipient of the disc but only one will have the BPI logo on it. To spell it out, this was Andy Rourke's personal copy of the Rank gold disc ? a truly 'one-off' item.

The gold disc recently featured in my music memorabilia book which can be seen at https://heyzine.com/flip-book/68017f2982.html#page/50

If you have any questions then please contact me.

Please check my feedback and bid with confidence.

Due to the high value of the item and the fact that it has glass in the frame, I much prefer the disc to be collected or, depending on distance, to meet half way once it has been paid for (please contact me in advance, I'm happy to travel around 40 miles). The disc is at Staverton, near Daventry, Northants. Alternatively, I will send it out with excellent packaging with insurance.

Item is for sale to UK delivery addresses only. Strictly, no overseas bidders.

Attachments

• FORUM The Smiths Gold Disc A eBay.jpg
    FORUM The Smiths Gold Disc A eBay.jpg
    1,003.2 KB · Views: 0
  • FORUM The Smiths Gold Disc B eBay.jpg
    FORUM The Smiths Gold Disc B eBay.jpg
    980.3 KB · Views: 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
£1,400 = profit

Back
Top Bottom