Unused Album Art

wasnt george formbys grave going to be the original cover of viva hate

2415363993_e032232e1b_m.jpg

I always thought that the sky pictures from the album were taken from the background of a picture of George Formby's grave.

No idea if this is true or not.

Dave

Thank you sista for your sterling efforts as always.
It should be noted that the fanzine story is a rather over-elaborate 'joke'. It was never the case that 'Pete Beal' the fruit&veg trader off 'EastEnders' was going to grace the cover of 'Bigmouth'. I'm sure it was mildly amusing at the time.:rolleyes:
oh i didnt know about that:blushing:...but he does like eastenders does he?:confused:

oh i didnt know about that...but he does like eastenders, doesn't he?:confused:

Not sure Morrissey bothers to watch EastEnders, but surely some fans in the production team.
Many people regularly post when they hear some Smiths or Morrissey song in the programme.

oh i didnt know about that:blushing:...but he does like eastenders does he?:confused:
That's OK. No need to be:blushing:
He did for a time, but not until his 'London' period in the early to mid Nineties. Remember the personal pics taken on the EastEnders set that appeared in 'Peepholism' ? They were taken during this period (TOTP next door to 'Walford' set). But in '86 Moz was still firmly Northern in his soap tastes.
Now ? Like most of us, I doubt Morrissey finds much appeal in EastEnders. Seems to prefer Emmerdale, queerly.

I always thought that the sky pictures from the album were taken from the background of a picture of George Formby's grave.

No idea if this is true or not.

Dave
True, according to 'Peepholism'.

It should be noted that the fanzine story is a rather over-elaborate 'joke'. It was never the case that 'Pete Beal' the fruit&veg trader off 'EastEnders' was going to grace the cover of 'Bigmouth'. I'm sure it was mildly amusing at the time.:rolleyes:

Indeed, and also I don't think Rough Trade had anything to say about the artwork. Even the three other Smiths didn't have anything to say about the artwork, it's was all Morrissey.

Stephane

Tags
unused cover
Back
Top Bottom