Morrissey Central "AND THE LAND WEEPS OIL" (July 1, 2023)

iv been watching this guy for a good while,he just listens to the song and tells you what he thinks about the music and lyrics,its all harmless fun.
So it is not a radio station or anything, just a guy who posts song discussions online ? Just strange that they picked this particular song, not really a fan favorite. The guy was actually more positive about the song than many of us here.

So it is not a radio station or anything, just a guy who posts song discussions online ? Just strange that they picked this particular song, not really a fan favorite. The guy was actually more positive about the song than many of us here.
he has done at least 50 M and smiths songs,they just work their way through his back catalogue of songs people recommend.theirs loads of people on youtube,their called reaction videos.

One of his very weakest songs and the lyrics are as naff AF.

Totally fecking agree .
It's like he was paid to write a pro Israel song. That is what it sounds like. It has no real heart
Its like when he says "its good to be home " , in whatever country he is in. It doesn't ring true. but WTF ever. Thats just my view.
I should've added that I like the rest of the album and especially the song Israel but those two songs I mentioned are fluff. LIHS would've been a much stronger ten track album without those two tracks.

And btw the "Arab spring" did not call to us all. It didn't even call to the sentiment that its international supporters thought it was doing. The so called Arab spring movement just went ahead and voted in another dictator, so the fact that Morrissey didn't bother to look into this but went ahead and wrote a song based on his own ignorance of the situation makes the song even weaker. It's right up there with America Is Not The World in sheer banality.

Morrissey's political songs just fall flat for me. He doesn't know enough to justify recording his thoughts as songs. I can forgive people for putting their foot in their mouth and making verbal mistakes but actually laying these thoughts down as permanent songs out there in the zeitgeist, no.

Last edited:
I imagine this girl is not from Tel Aviv lol.

"La casa es chica pero el corazòn es grande"

That doesn't make you poor.

Back
Top Bottom