Army Navy's Justin Kennedy talks about his Morrissey encounter as a wardrobe stylist

Originally posted at somedizzywhore.com:

Army Navy still battling as an indie with 'The Last Place' - Pop & Hiss, LA Times music blog

Excerpt:

The chance to collaborate with Morrissey isn't an opportunity most young rock musicians would take lightly. Justin Kennedy of the recently reinvigorated Army Navy justifiably jumped at the opportunity. But the band, having just released the vibrant collection of lovelorn-in-Los Angeles power pop that is "The Last Place," didn't gleam much musical knowledge from the dapper chronicler of strained relationships.

Kennedy, after all, pays the bills as a wardrobe stylist. "I dress people for photo shoots or events, or dress actors for red-carpet events," Kennedy said.

Sometimes these lead to exciting encounters, he said, such as the time he flew in Tom Cruise's private jet, and sometimes helping a man dress to his best can be "a dream come true," such as Kennedy's moment with Morrissey.

"I don't get to work with many musicians, so working with him, someone who has influenced me since I was a child -- and probably a major influence on the way I think -- was amazing," Kennedy said. "I was able to chill with him."

Morrissey even gave Kennedy a nickname. "He called me '80s legs," Kennedy said. "He said, 'What's up with the skinny jeans? Is that a retro thing?' At the end of the day he said to me, 'Thanks, '80s legs.' I was like, 'Holy crap, Morrissey just gave me a nickname!'"

Last edited:
Re: Article: Army Navy's Justin Kennedy talks about his Morrissey encounter as a ward

I'm on your side here.

It isn't about sides for her, apparently. No one's ever been in doubt that it's about nothing else for your, I expect.

You've been obsessively tracking anyone who makes a post you dislike for--about a decade now? A man with self respect would be ashamed of himself.

Back
Top Bottom