Buying the new single

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
I tried to buy the b-sides from i-Tunes this morning, but they only had I Want The One I Can't Have (Live in Paris, it says - which is odd, because the one on the CD says Royal Albert Hall, and I can't tell the difference) - they do not have Late Night Maudlin Street or Speedway. I tried to get them from Virgin's site but it says there's some security issue. Even 7digital don't have them, so can anyone recommend a site where I can get digital copies of these two songs?

Anyhoo, I popped into town, first into Virgin - I asked if they had the 7" singles - "No, sorry, we don't sell vinyl anymore, no demand". I despair. Off to HMV, and they had the CD and 7" singles. The video on the CD is a live performance (all dressed in white - footage courtesy of Canal+). The gatefold 7" with Speedway is jolly nice, the picture discs intriguing. Have a look at this picture on the flip-side (Late Night Maudlin Street side) - another Jed reference?

313932912_197f610616_o.jpg

Anyway, I got two copies of the picture disc, so if anyone wants one, drop me a line and we'll sort something out.

Best Wishes,

Peter

*EDIT* - they have a better picture on TTY here ...http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_061204_01

Last edited:
You did well - I ordered on line at HMV - only the CD's turned up the 7" formats they appear to be waiting for stock.....bodes well for sales then:rolleyes:

I may have to venture out........

I'm also looking for digital versions of the 7" B sides; I was a bit miffed that they weren't on iTunes! Picked the records up anyway (worth it just for the artwork I think) but I don't at this very moment of time have anything to play them on >_<.

My local HMV at uni also did not possess the Kristeen Young single. This makes me sad =/.

The hyped new virgin in manchester does do vinyl, but when i asked, they DID have it in, but someone came along and "bought a load". So i go over to the big HMV and get told EXACTLY the same thing there. I am rather annoyed.

Vinyl touts?

The hyped new virgin in manchester does do vinyl, but when i asked, they DID have it in, but someone came along and "bought a load". So i go over to the big HMV and get told EXACTLY the same thing there. I am rather annoyed.

Vinyl touts?

Unfortunately, I get the impression that soon the picture discs will be worth a few bob, so they might see it as an investment. I won't be at all surprised to see them on Ebay before long with a hefty mark-up.

Peter

HMV in Newcastle didn't have any format in, not even the CD. Managed to get all three from Virgin.

I'm waiting on all 3 formats from recordstore.co.uk, not sure when I'll get them though.
I hope the live tracks are available digitally as I'd rather not play the 7"s!

Well I'm gonna wait for my mate to buy them and e-mail the tracks to me. Sorry Moz but you've had enough of my money this year!

I was going to ask if anybody had checked out the video on the maxi single. What concert is it taken from, and how's the rendition?

I ordered the three for £5 offer off recordstore.co.uk, although I'm slightly worried as to what state they're going to turn up in after reading some reports of their packages not being very protective of the contents, I couldn't resist the price though. I was hoping it'd arrive today but I guess it may be tomorrow... or sometime this week? I can't even play vinyl but I just like looking at the things! I'm currently trying to resist downloading Sweetie Pie...

Amazon.co.uk is currently dispatching the CD single within 4-6 weeks! :eek:
...and I did not order my copy :mad:. I'll wait after Christmas.
Let's hope to see all the tracks on the iTunes store soon, since I doubt I am going to buy the vinyls...
I love the 'fonzies' pic.

It's not even available on amazon.fr :(

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom