David Quantick - 52 First Impressions - BBC Radio 4

52 First Impressions with David Quantick, Series 1 Episode 3 - BBC 4 Music

This has just been on Radio 4, and there's a story about David, Brother Beyond, Morrissey, The NME, Murray Chalmers, and washing-up-liquid. Also briefly mentions the Word libel case.

Morrissey content starts around 22m 59s , and BBC sign-in may be required.

40542_david_quantick.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's more about the way that the rights of intellectual property can be owned by one company in one country and another company in the rest of the world. But your idea is spooky and more fun.

They may claim intellectual property, but hardly intellectual value.

Spooky and fun? That's me :D

Please give Hugh the disrespect he is due

It's Hughlocaust Clark
If you think Chris went to see Morrissey at the WCH in '88 with someone named' 'Hugh'...
You need sectioning.
Cretin.

Please give Hugh the disrespect he is due

It's Hughlocaust Clark

Where is he these days, anyone know?

Still following that mercenary club playing unknown spelling error club names?

Rangers are world record holders when it comes to trophies!

I just don't like his face.
There is a cynical, joyless, hateful, jealous and know-it-all expression on it.
I hadn't read anything before but reading confirmed my feeling.
He has written so much hateful things on Moz that I can't take any critical things that might be valuable, serious from this moron.

There were journo's being critical of Moz in a completely different way that were insightful, without the venom. Not many, but some.
I know Moz can have that effect on people but these type of music journalists should stick to their profession, as they are the journalists, and Moz is the artist. I didn't get anything insightful from him.

He has written so much hateful things on Moz that I can't take any critical things that might be valuable, serious from this moron.

There were journo's being critical of Moz in a completely different way that were insightful, without the venom. Not many, but some.
I know Moz can have that effect on people but these type of music journalists should stick to their profession, as they are the journalists, and Moz is the artist. I didn't get anything insightful from him.

I analysed him too and the man is a sociopath and a pathological liar. I always feel sorry for people with mental disorders cause they just cannot help themselves.

I have always found him quite grating - his voice has an unpleasant drawl.
I think the word that best describes him is snide. Having read The Mule, I wasn't enamoured with his writing either.
To be fair, Grumpy Old Men was amusing, but that radio segment is nothing to write home about.
Regards,
FWD.

I have always found him quite grating - his voice has an unpleasant drawl.
I think the word that best describes him is snide. Having read The Mule, I wasn't enamoured with his writing either.
To be fair, Grumpy Old Men was amusing, but that radio segment is nothing to write home about.
Regards,
FWD.

I like "grumpy, old man" in general when they are funny, which he isn't.
Thinking more about Michael Foot in the comedy-series "One Foot in The Grave" many years ago. He was really hilariously funny but also a bit adorable.
I believe he passed away not that long ago.
Ah if the BBC would bring it out on DvD I would buy all the episodes!
:thumb:

I like "grumpy, old man" in general when they are funny, which he isn't.
Thinking more about Michael Foot in the comedy-series "One Foot in The Grave" many years ago. He was really hilariously funny but also a bit adorable.
I believe he passed away not that long ago.
Ah if the BBC would bring it out on DvD I would buy all the episodes!
:thumb:

Then they all went to Algarve and it became "One foot in the Algarve".

There was also a tv series called "grumpy old men" or something along those lines where famous british grumpy old men were moaning and attacking things.

The world is filled with David Quanticks.

But not that many with a last name that begins with a Q.
That's what makes him the exception.
I now realize my username begins with a Q tooo :(

Back
Top Bottom