Deleted/Jake portions of "Autobiography" reinstated for US paperback edition

Re: Deleted/Jake portions of Autobiography reinstated for US paperback edition

Was it really just three sentences that were removed? I didn't read the US edition, but I was under the impression that Jake had been removed from it completely—including the outing with Chrissie Hynde, etc.

Jake may have been the "Best Friend on the Payroll," which is not flattering. Does anyone know if he had an operation? I know he tattooed "Battersea" on the inside of his lip.

'Best Friend On The Payroll' is about Mr Hogg (Peter/Pete Hogg) not Jake.

I don't know, "psychotic anon^" seems to know something we don't... I find that intriguing and sweet. I even smiled a little at the "must do better" on Morrissey's loveschool report.
Guess I'm a total psycho too.

You know guys, I think we should really just ask Jake whether he thinks Morrissey "could have done better". - Jake? Any thoughts? Anybody springing to mind, with hindsight? Male? Tall? Blond? Swedish? No?

I am truly thankful that "Chickpea" is not a psychologist nor any kind of "gist."

'Best Friend On The Payroll' is about Mr Hogg (Peter/Pete Hogg) not Jake.

How do you work that one out? Best Friend came out in 1995 just after he 'broke up' with Jake and it seemed like an awful lot of songs were Jake, Jake, Jake. "I turned the music down and I don't know why because this is my house." Considering he lived with Jake that makes more sense.

I am truly thankful that "Chickpea" is not a psychologist nor any kind of "gist."

You're telling me! It's a wonder I'm even trusted with sharpened pencils.

However, I have been known to be an apologist (see: Morrissey, Death In June, Bill Clinton). I don't have a degree or anything, though.

k her if I once mentioned him. Never. In fact, I followed her after she got sacked the first time because I felt bad about the situation, so I was supporting her and trying to bolster her when she had no ties to him. Check the dates on my facebook posts. f***, I have the transcripts, SHE'S the one who kept namedropping him while I steered clear of the topic. My connection to Morrissey was NOT going to be through a using, lying skank. I started to figure out her game and backed away slowly...[/QUOTE]

CG,

I have to defend the anonymous poster (above) who posted a very nice, sweet and honest description
about Morrissey and his relationship with Jake, when the poster suggested that Morrissey could have done much better, than to end up in a relationship with Jake. You commented that this poster was psychotic (I believe.)

To which I wanted to say that the poster obviously knew much more than you, me and others, but they probably did
not want to say much more. This form of honesty is refreshing. After all, some people posting on here have spoken to Morrissey and some have not. Some people know Morrissey and some do not. Some people know the band or the crew, or both, and some do not.

It is not your place to criticise, question nor take strips off, a poster who has provided a genuine and thought provoking response,
to what has been one of the "suprises" - to some - when the book was 1st released. I thought it was a sweet thing to say as well (as the other person who replied to that post)

I can also tell you that KY is nothing like the words that you have posted about her above. She is different. She definately
has musical talent. To call her a skank is disgusting. That says more about you than
your other posts. Kristeen might say the wrong thing, from time to time, by accident really, but you should be
given a RED card because that is so disgusting of you to do so. Kristeen is still growing up
and it is time that you did the same.

x.

I have to defend the anonymous poster (above) who posted a very nice, sweet and honest description
about Morrissey and his relationship with Jake, when the poster suggested that Morrissey could have done much better, than to end up in a relationship with Jake. You commented that this poster was psychotic (I believe.)

You're mistaken. That wasn't CG who made that comment, it was me:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...dition?p=1986885034&viewfull=1#post1986885034

It's fun to have IP hash added to anonymous posts now, since we can all see that the "anonymous poster" you "have to defend" because they "obviously knew much more than" you (you!), me (me!) and others is, in fact, you—as are numerous other anonymous comments in this thread. Welcome, 6444a829ee.

And yes, I do think that believing you're in a position to place a value judgement on someone else's long-ago relationship shows a loose grip on reality. If you do know the people involved on a level that gives you special, intimate knowledge, repeatedly vague-posting about it on a message board is even worse.

^^^^ I love it.

Bass player walks after punching Moz in the face

Well, that's a bit stronger of an infraction than carving "Die Wanker!" into his front door. I'm sure Morrissey always has a leaflet of emergency P45's in his travel bag for just such eventualities.

Interesting to see where things go from here with Matt Walker.

k her if I once mentioned him. Never. In fact, I followed her after she got sacked the first time because I felt bad about the situation, so I was supporting her and trying to bolster her when she had no ties to him. Check the dates on my facebook posts. f***, I have the transcripts, SHE'S the one who kept namedropping him while I steered clear of the topic. My connection to Morrissey was NOT going to be through a using, lying skank. I started to figure out her game and backed away slowly...

CG,

To which I wanted to say that the poster obviously knew much more than you, me and others, but they probably did
not want to say much more. This form of honesty is refreshing. After all, some people posting on here have spoken to Morrissey and some have not. Some people know Morrissey and some do not. Some people know the band or the crew, or both, and some do not.

It is not your place to criticise, question nor take strips off, a poster who has provided a genuine and thought provoking response,
to what has been one of the "suprises" - to some - when the book was 1st released. I thought it was a sweet thing to say as well (as the other person who replied to that post)

I can also tell you that KY is nothing like the words that you have posted about her above. She is different. She definately
has musical talent. To call her a skank is disgusting. That says more about you than
your other posts. Kristeen might say the wrong thing, from time to time, by accident really, but you should be
given a RED card because that is so disgusting of you to do so. Kristeen is still growing up
and it is time that you did the same.

x.[/QUOTE]

We were all with you there until you mentioned KY and showed how little you know about her
To say she is still growing up, is ridiculous she's 45 this year not 15. If her only crimes were saying the wrong thing that would be fine, it's not she uses, leaches and lies.
I suggest some people look a bit further for strong women than the fag hags morrissey has around

For those wondering, all of the material omitted from the G.P. Putnum's Sons edition of Autobiography (as well as the UK hardback) is fully restored in the new Penguin US paperback edition. I picked up a copy today and had a look through.

As for the cryptic comment about bassists throwing punches, it's very curious indeed.

Gay men can't fight as they're too busy skipping around and wearing dresses and saying "shut that door!"

I'm gay. I can, and love to fight. I especially enjoy fighting with straight men. I have a secret weapon too.........I'm HIV+. If they're lucky enough to make me bleed I spit mouthfuls of blood into their eyes and mouth. It makes me feel warm inside knowing that I'm slowly killing them.

I'm gay. I can, and love to fight. I especially enjoy fighting with straight men. I have a secret weapon too.........I'm HIV+. If they're lucky enough to make me bleed I spit mouthfuls of blood into their eyes and mouth. It makes me feel warm inside knowing that I'm slowly killing them.

Christ! That's a bit severe!

Anyway I came here, late as I am, just to ask, does the UK version contain absolutely everything? Nothing cut out? I've got the Penguin Paperback (and a "classic" already!).

I recall the "can't brothers be lovers" bit, and Jake's "Battersea" tattoo. But not all of the rest. Just noticed and had to laugh, "(C) Whores In Retirement".

Absolutely random question about the autobiography, and apologies for posting it in this thread, but does anyone recall offhand what Morrissey says about Michael Farrell in the book? It's to do with the Hollywood Bowl gig, if I recall correctly. I am reminded of the passage because of M's "and last...and very much least....Michael V Farrell" when introducing the band on the Hollywood Bowl DVD. Are the two incidents related?

Absolutely random question about the autobiography, and apologies for posting it in this thread, but does anyone recall offhand what Morrissey says about Michael Farrell in the book? It's to do with the Hollywood Bowl gig, if I recall correctly. I am reminded of the passage because of M's "and last...and very much least....Michael V Farrell" when introducing the band on the Hollywood Bowl DVD. Are the two incidents related?

"By Friday we play the Hollywood Bowl, and Mikey presents a personal guest list long enough to encircle the city, and I reject it since the eye-crossing cost of it is ultimately subtracted from my pension fund. Mikey sulks at the rejection and this creates backstage tension. Filmed as we walk on, we all look uncharacteristically unhappy. Mikey and I will not look at each other, and consequently the concert lacks form, although new-found drummer Matt Walker magnificently takes us all to a new standard, and this disciplined ship is suddenly the best military band in America." - pg. 428, Penguin Classics softcover.

That explains the glare Mikey gives during the band intros hahahaha!

Thanks Detritus. My copy of Autobiography sits on my friend's bookshelf in York, with my pleas for it's safe return to Manchester ignored over these twelve months #Pray4Autobiography

^^^ Could this concert contretemps be the actual reason that the 'Live at the Hollywood Bowl' DVD never saw the (legit) light of day?

With most human beings one would answer 'Don't be ridiculous!' :crazy:

With SPM one may say 'It fits' :thumb:

#DitchYourFriendBen ;)

Back
Top Bottom