Help with media

theprivilegeismine

Lucidity Is the Wound Closest To the Sun
Can someone explain to me how to post media from other sites, please? Wanting to contribute and it isn't working. Particularly from YouTube and also if Central posts, how do you actually link it here. Tried the help pages and I am guessing everyone is assumed to know how to do these things because there is zero there to help.

Can someone explain to me how to post media from other sites, please? Wanting to contribute and it isn't working. Particularly from YouTube and also if Central posts, how do you actually link it here. Tried the help pages and I am guessing everyone is assumed to know how to do these things because there is zero there to help.
there will be videos on youtube explaining.

Become familiar with your phone or PC's copy/paste/clipboard.
When you're certain of their usage - let us know & can start from there.
FWD.

6FCDF561-B3BB-4CBF-BC80-70FB1537E483.jpeg

YT:

Screenshot_20230312-204810.png

Click share on a video you want to place here.

Screenshot_20230312-204852~2.png

Copy the link.

You can then return here and "paste" it in to a post (depends what you are using as to how that actually happens).

YT:

View attachment 89582
Click share on a video you want to place here.

View attachment 89586

Copy the link.

You can then return here and "paste" it in to a post (depends what you are using as to how that actually happens).

Thank you. I don't use social media very much - except YouTube, so I am not familiar with a lot of these things. But it's always easier when people are kind enough to help out with info.

Would embedding tweets and Facebook videos or posts be similar?

Thank you. I don't use social media very much - except YouTube, so I am not familiar with a lot of these things. But it's always easier when people are kind enough to help out with info.

Would embedding tweets and Facebook videos or posts be similar?
Yes. Both have a share function. That scrapes the link. Then paste in to a post and it will do the rest.

Yes. Both have a share function. That scrapes the link. Then paste in to a post and it will do the rest.

Excellent. I think I'm sorted. I hang around here quite a lot, so I figured I might as well make myself somewhat useful. Again, I appreciate the help.

Edit: I can see I'm going f*** up spectacularly numerous times before I get this right. It's a shame there isn't a preview option. Be patient with me, lol. 😆

Excellent. I think I'm sorted. I hang around here quite a lot, so I figured I might as well make myself somewhat useful. Again, I appreciate the help.

Edit: I can see I'm going f*** up spectacularly numerous times before I get this right. It's a shame there isn't a preview option. Be patient with me, lol. 😆
You actually did successfully post a video on 1st attempt, but I couldn't understand the relevance of that 50 min video (Bryan Kohberger?) in the thread dedicated to tonight's Moz concert.

Screenshot_20230312-211834.png

You actually did successfully post a video on 1st attempt, but I couldn't understand the relevance of that 50 min video (Bryan somebody?) in the thread dedicated to tonight's Moz concert.

Damn, was hoping nobody noticed. It was a random true crime video; I watch a lot of crime related stuff as it feeds into my profession. 😆

Yeh, I couldn't get the link to post and it was posting previous media I had copied instead. There was no relevance at all. It was an accident.

Man, when you're someone stuck in decades past and resistant to some of today's technologies it doesn't come easy, but then I guess it's because I have never learned how to do it before.

I usually have my head in a book or am listening to music and I'm not really into social media or even forums, so yeh, I missed out when everyone else was learning these things, I guess.

Damn, was hoping nobody noticed. 😆

Yeh, I couldn't get the link to post and it was posting previous media I had copied instead. There was no relevance at all. It was an accident.

Man, when you're someone stuck in decades past and resistant to some of today's technologies it doesn't come easy, but then I guess it's because I have never learned how to do it before.

I usually have my head in a book or am listening to music and I'm not really into social media or even forums, so yeh, I missed out when everyone else was learning these things, I guess.
No probs, hope things are sorted now for you, post-FWD's tutorial.

With YouTube, you just copy the video's link and past it here.

Back
Top Bottom