'Homespun Philosophy': Tips for Living to Take or Leave

I’ll take a shot at this. Basically, our body and brain as a tool of perception doesn’t allow, show or tell us what is true. It only gives us an illusion that we take as true and call reality……

….. and those that realize so, will be rewarded by not being reborn into some sorry state of existence (escaping the wheel of life/karma, and attaining Enlightenment).

That's a decent shot imo. We're only equipped to receive the illusion, unless the illusion is it, like shifting space and the wave, particle tricks in quantum physics?

This image reminds me of that famous scene in The Blood of a Poet

1686950993137.png

It's at the start of an article about the possibility and portrayals of multiple worlds - https://aeon.co/essays/multiple-worlds-has-been-given-artistic-impetus-by-physics

Various theories are considered, including one being taken seriously that in a real way, we are eternal i.e. there is a light that never goes out!

The multiverse has also opened up new ways of looking at the human condition. One of the most fascinating areas where culture, philosophy and possible worlds collide is in the work of Robert Lanza on biocentrism, which is a philosophical approach to physics through the lens of living beings. Lanza, a professional biologist, proposes that the Universe arises directly from an individual’s conscious observation of it. He hypothesises that, for this reason, a conscious being cannot cease to be conscious. This leads to the potential fact that it is impossible to be dead. Instead, one’s consciousness simply splits off, by quantum processes, into worlds where that consciousness can continue to exist. Every wavefunction collapse or world splitting leaves us in a world where we remain alive.

That's a decent shot imo. We're only equipped to receive the illusion, unless the illusion is it, like shifting space and the wave, particle tricks in quantum physics?
Yes, there has yet to be proof that the illusion is it, some call it ‘matter’. Some argue, it will never be found.

This image reminds me of that famous scene in The Blood of a Poet

It's at the start of an article about the possibility and portrayals of multiple worlds - https://aeon.co/essays/multiple-worlds-has-been-given-artistic-impetus-by-physics

Various theories are considered, including one being taken seriously that in a real way, we are eternal i.e. there is a light that never goes out!

So far, I believe that to be true.

Last edited:
Music plays an important role in all of our lives. But listening to music or playing an instrument is more than just a creative outlet or hobby—it’s also scientifically good for us. Research shows that music can stimulate new connections in our brains; keeping our cognitive abilities sharp and our memories alive.

In a new book, Every Brain Needs Music: The Neuroscience of Making and Listening to Music (Columbia University Press, 2023), Larry Sherman explores why we all need music for our mental well-being—and how it can even help us later in life.

- https://www.futurity.org/music-brain-neuroscience-podcast-2938052/

I thought Morrissey and maybe The Smiths lent support to Nordoff-Robbins music therapy in the past, but the degrading internet shows me zilch on this. Am I imagining it?

The only way to live in this civilization without its madness warping you and twisting you in on yourself is to change your relationship with mental narrative to such an extent that you can recognize that civilization is nature — that the human animal and its products are not separate from anything else in this biosphere we arose from. With a fair amount of dedicated inner work one can come to recognize that this sea of language we exist in is just narrative that we don’t need to invest any of our life force in believing, and that all the words and thoughts are just energy like all the rest of nature.

This film reminds me about the scale and things in relative place in the universe, and makes me think about it scale by scale . I'd say it homespun philosophy because it's a film.

This film reminds me about the scale and things in relative place in the universe, and makes me think about it scale by scale . I'd say it homespun philosophy because it's a film.

That was a good way to spend 9 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom