I don't like Johnny Marr

Er Johnny's the one who still appreciates and welcomes comments/praise about The Smiths whereas Morrissey will just swat them away impatiently and claim he can't understand why people still ask about them after all these years.

I know a few people who have met Marr, fans and otherwise, and they all say he is a really lovely person.

Let's face it. There'd be no Morrissey without Marr, and vice versa.

he was asked on some sunday morning programme about the Smiths, and said "well it was about 200 years ago"he didnt look too interested.He was with the Cribs

Last edited:
He kicked my dog.

Ok, he didn't.

I was trying to find something bad to say about him but I couldn't. Smiths stuff is AMAZING. The The stuff is decent. Electronic stuff is boring. Healers stuff is crap. Modest Mouse stuff is noise. Haven't heard anything with The Cribs.

Either way, never heard anything bad about him.

I agree with you to a degree, I don't dislike Johnny BUT....
I have said this before on here, to me he has become someone who seems to have no respect for what Morrissey created or is, he moans about the lyrics on Some Girls, he has bitched about Morrissey non stop either in print or to other people (Noel G and Bernad Butler to name but two).
I know Moz put quite a strain on Johnny in The Smiths days and Johnny was very young at the time but still....
It's funny how people moan about Moz for having a young band yet, no one says a bad word against johnny and his dyed hair and tight jeans taking the stage with, even, younger people.
it seems to me like johnny is proud that The Smiths are an important band but I think he would have rather been in The Stone Roses or Oasis ( a lads band).
I think Johnny created some fantastic music and is a bright chap but he is also rather dull and has become what he says he isn't a guitar for hire, no more no less.
Mind you if it wasn't for his heart felt music and his drive and street sense
The Smiths wouldn't have been quite so special.
It's just a shame he doesn't respect Morrissy the way Morrissey respects him.

I don't see why you have to like a person as a person just because you like their music.
There are loads of people (well two) who's music I like but I don't like them as people.

Firstly, I think Johnny has every right to moan about the lyrics on Some Girls... , he wrote a beautiful, touching piece of music and Moz just wasted it with silly comedy lyrics in the same vein as "Girlfriend in a Coma". One of the rare times when Moz let Johnny down with regards to their creative partnership.

As for the bitching - Johnny has certainly been much more catty about Morrissey since the Smiths ended, particularly when he was hanging around with Bernard Sumner in the 90s and a crowd that were the absolute antithesis of Morrissey's personality and ideals. Generally though, it's been very minor, petulant stuff - 'Art Wank', 'never trust a man with a vertical fringe' and so on. I think those comments were borne out of some jealousy on Johnny's part for the success of Moz' solo career, but there is no real malice in them. They made up long ago & Johnny told Paul Morley that he misses Moz on a personal level, so any 'enmity' between them now is simply media myth.

Er Johnny's the one who still appreciates and welcomes comments/praise about The Smiths whereas Morrissey will just swat them away impatiently and claim he can't understand why people still ask about them after all these years.

I know a few people who have met Marr, fans and otherwise, and they all say he is a really lovely person.

Let's face it. There'd be no Morrissey without Marr, and vice versa.

Yes, because Morrissey is Morrissey not just the guitar player from the Smiths.
Morrissey, has moved on. Johnny tires to but people just want to know about The Smiths and Morrissey.
The reason Morrissey, for a while, wanted to get some distance is because he didn't want to limp on as a Smiths tribute artist stuck in 1985.
I said in the post you commented on that Marr is vital to The Smiths etc
I have never meet the man, he is supposed to be kind, I am just not that much of a fan of his ilk of person or post Smiths out put- bar The The

Last edited:
Tags
mutethyself mw616=halfwit teenbraggadocio
Back
Top Bottom