Is it really Morrissey's voice in the freshly leaked snippet of "Earth is the Loneliest Planet"?

• Thread starter Justin Playfair
  • Start date

Is it really Morrissey's voice in the freshly leaked snippet of Earth is the Loneliest Planet?

• Total voters
J

Justin Playfair

Is it Morrissey's voice in the hot-off the presses snippet of "Earth is the Loneliest Planet"?

J. Playfair votes "Yes."

Sorry, I was in a rush and messed up the wording of the question in the poll. Pretty bad, oh well. Can David T., or one of the moderators, please put a quotation mark + a question mark behind the word Planet? If one of you could do this for me I would appreciate it. Thanks, J. Playfair

Isn't that strange? Whilst it is obviously not Moz, there seems to be a large number out there who have somehow
deluded themselves into thinking it is.
However, I kind of understand, the anticipation for a whole album of new stuff is enormous amongst
us admirers.

Never ever is it Morrissey

It doesn't sound like Morrissey, but it could be him: with that amount of reverb, it could be anyone.

The original description calls it an acoustic demo, which implies making a basic recording of a song pre-written. If this is supposed to be the case, then it's not him. The vocal is too nervous, and Morrissey has never put so much reverb on his voice, not even in 1988.

If it is a rehearsal room snippet of a song being sketched out, then I guess it is possibly him. I know from experience that the sound of a person's voice can sound massively different when they are essentially improvising a melody with no thought of performance. Unlikely still.

I'm a sucker for plucky acoustic guitar.

NO, it is not Morrissey. Good joke, though, I'd like to hear more.

I'm happy to be open minded.
That said, the quality and echoey nature don't really underwrite validity.
When I used to tape gigs with a walkman down my codpiece, I could understand hiss, and distance from the mic etc...
Technology has moved on. Unless this is cited as covert recordings of a practice session recorded for nostalgia on a walkman pro - then perhaps.
I would think the bare bones demo would be presented on a clear sounding recording with probably some digital device.
I also suspect, judging by the brief time Boz was in France recording the album that a bit of ground work had been done prior.
Even if this is some of said, it's still one of the worst recorded demos to appear since click track et al. Even if it was a dodgy tech guy sneaking a demo recording - a basic cell phone would capture better sound.
My 2 penneth.
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:
I'm happy to be open minded.
That said, the quality and echoey nature don't really underwrite validity.
When I used to tape gigs with a walkman down my codpiece, I could understand hiss, and distance from the mic etc...
Technology has moved on. Unless this is cited as covert recordings of a practice session recorded for nostalgia on a walkman pro - then perhaps.
I would think the bare bones demo would be presented on a clear sounding recording with probably some digital device.
I also suspect, judging by the brief time Boz was in France recording the album that a bit of ground work had been done prior.
Even if this is some of said, it's still one of the worst recorded demos to appear since click track et al. Even if it was a dodgy tech guy sneaking a demo recording - a basic cell phone would capture better sound.
My 2 penneth.
Regards,
FWD

What was hissing in your codpiece?

What was hissing in your codpiece?
Well obviously... explosive kegs!
Doesn't everyone?
But potential groin infection aside, the static and white noise on this snippet just doesn't hold up with modern tech. for sound recording.
Thank you for the chuckle,
Regards,
FWD

It sounds like Morrissey's voice to me but apparently I'm wrong. Apparently.....

"I've been Bamboozled!"

-At 5:08 is when Richard realizes that he's been bamboozled.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been confirmed as genuine. Apparently Moz was furious that it leaked, so changed the arrangement completely for the new shows.

Back
Top Bottom