Is Morrissey crazy?

Genius? Madness? Are the likes of Morrissey totally gone from pop culture?

What happened to the Mozzers, the Lou Reeds, the Warhols, etc...? Why don't any new ones arise?

Any theories?

They're still out there. But they either have trouble or have no intention of breaking into public light.
But believe me, they are out there. I've had the privilege of knowing a few, and that is by no means an exaggeration.

They're still out there. But they either have trouble or have no intention of breaking into public light.
But believe me, they are out there. I've had the privilege of knowing a few, and that is by no means an exaggeration.

you mean people who create music? aha.sounds promising..is their money in some way public - online ?

you mean people who create music? aha.sounds promising..is their money in some way public - online ?

I mean people in whom that certain unadulterated individuality takes root from the very beginning. They have a drive within them to innovate regardless of the cost to their reputation or their personal lives. They are "not quite of this world," as Devoto would say.

As for "their money," many times they find their own means. Either their creations (I'd hate to say "art" because of the snooty connotation that goes with it -- moreover, it's not quite the right word) are not viewed as valid contributions to culture that they can find monetary recompense for or they have no wish to whore themselves out and work to fund their own creative urges.

ahh sorry brainfart-typo i meant music
if their music is somewhere to find
my head were somewhere else typing this

If you trust the-people-in-my-brain-who-talk-to-me-when-I'm-almost-asleep, I asked them recently if Morrissey was for realz bi-polar. I doubted my gut instincts for a second and thought maybe I was reading too much into the lyrics of a man who was maybe just simply bi-polar crazy, not battling one person while loving another like my perception of his work. THey said no, he is just suffers from depression here and there.

“I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar”
“so you go, and you stand on your own and you leave on your own and you go home, and you cry and you want to die”
“Others conquered love - but I ran I sat in my room and I drew up a plan but plans can fall through as so often they do”

IMHO Morrissey is pretty likley to have Aspergers Syndrome. I've thought it for a while, but as fas as I know he's never publically said anything about it. I think it would be good for someone like Morrissey to 'come out' as it were if he does indeed have aspergers, as there aren't enough successful individuals like him publically declaring to help deminish the stigma associated with autism spectrum disorders...

...We do have Einstein though ;-)

That said, I can totally understand why he wouldn't want to 'go public' - it's not really anyone else's business. Perhaps he doesn't want to be treated/interpretted differently.

Last edited:
The thing about Morrissey that's so interesting is that so many different types of people believe he's harboring some dark secret, and that it's the same as theirs. I'd hate for the biography to ruin that, but oh well.

the best thing about this thread is the similar threads list. ;-)

The thing about Morrissey that's so interesting is that so many different types of people believe he's harboring some dark secret, and that it's the same as theirs. I'd hate for the biography to ruin that, but oh well.

Good point.

the best thing about this thread is the similar threads list. ;-)

lulz!

maybe this old threads might be sth for you?
searching over words like depression psychatrist, prozac etc

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/68226-Moz-narcissist-egomaniac?highlight=psychiatrist

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/65388-Morrissey-amp-Depression?highlight=depression

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/65911-Moz-and-mental-illness.?highlight=anti-depressants

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/64689-Does-Moz-enjoy-life(now-and-then)?highlight=prozac

but i dont think thats was what you asked for..rather what sets him apart....

well not soften his opinion with age, having a personality with makes him stand out (how many faceless faces of pop /rock have appeared and disapeared...)
when he appears on stage ..he lights up the room and you can take your eyes off of him..it a magic not everybody can sparkle in people..i was a fan but not a "hardcore fan" when i saw him live for the first time some years ago and was overwhelmed from the minute he appeared it swooshed over me and i was feeling like i was on LSD/ectasy ..

Last edited:
Tags
all he wanted was a pepsi
Back
Top Bottom