dogdayafternoon

DONT KNOW IF THIS AS ALLREADY
BEEN POSTED BUT JOHNNY MARR
IS GIVING AN INTERVIEW TONIGHT ON
[INSIDE OUT BBC 1 NORTHWEST 7.30]
SHOULD BE WORTH A WATCH:thumb:

Last edited:
Re: Johnny marr interveiw bbc northwest

"In a recent interview you said you 'don't care about that shit anymore' -- is this true?"

:D :guitar:

Seemed friendly, maybe it's because it's a northern show.
(plays What difference.....)
Do you get irritated, annoyed or flattered that people always want to talk about The Smiths with you/
I've never got irritated by it, I've figured it coming from a place of (pause) of love really.

How do you feel about the band?
I really love the band, I'm super proud of it. I can hear it the way other people hear it now and I like it which is kind of handy.(laughs) plays How soon is now, William)

Do you ever miss not been able to play that amazing back catalogue of songs? I know your doing lot of things looking forward but is there part of you that think I'll like to play that again or that again?

Funnily enough I never really get asked that question so I've never really had to think about it. Absolutely not. I don't play it on my Ipod either, I don't play records I've done, listen to the record once it's done.

How are things with Morrissey? Do you Twitter, Facebook, do you e-mail, chat on the phone?

We send each other e-mail occasionally, when I have something to say. (says he has to delete to many e-mails and by the time he's done that)
I'm not going to go "Dear Mozza, I'm having a cup of tea, blah, blah, blah"

If Morrissey and it's a big if, in one e-mail one day, say how about getting together in the studio? How would you feel about that?

Well I 've got 3 guys that I've got a loyally to right now so I'll to see if basically they said, yeah, yeah, yeah and that would be a different matter but I not saying they wouldn't say that but you can't drop who you work with like a hot potato, no matter for how much money or how important it is to other people. it would just be rude.

Seemed friendly, maybe it's because it's a northern show.
(plays What difference.....)
Do you get irritated, annoyed or flattered that people always want to talk about The Smiths with you/
I've never got irritated by it, I've figured it coming from a place of (pause) of love really.

How do you feel about the band?
I really love the band, I'm super proud of it. I can hear it the way other people hear it now and I like it which is kind of handy.(laughs) plays How soon is now, William)

Do you ever miss not been able to play that amazing back catalogue of songs? I know your doing lot of things looking forward but is there part of you that think I'll like to play that again or that again?

Funnily enough I never really get asked that question so I've never really had to think about it. Absolutely not. I don't play it on my Ipod either, I don't play records I've done, listen to the record once it's done.

How are things with Morrissey? Do you Twitter, Facebook, do you e-mail, chat on the phone?

We send each other e-mail occasionally, when I have something to say. (says he has to delete to many e-mails and by the time he's done that)
I'm not going to go "Dear Mozza, I'm having a cup of tea, blah, blah, blah"

If Morrissey and it's a big if, in one e-mail one day, say how about getting together in the studio? How would you feel about that?

Well I 've got 3 guys that I've got a loyally to right now so I'll to see if basically they said, yeah, yeah, yeah and that would be a different matter but I not saying they wouldn't say that but you can't drop who you work with like a hot potato, no matter for how much money or how important it is to other people. it would just be rude.

Cheers for the transcript Lainey.

That's what I like about Johnny - he's a super straight guy, honest, and loyal. Top bloke.

Peter

He must get totally fed up with being asked about morrissey and the Smiths all the time.

Its the equivalent of J Ross interviewing say Tom Hanks about his latest film and saying " You were great in Big - Do you watch it all the time and admire yourself?"

Ha. Or constantly asking Tom Hanks about his castmates from "Bosom Buddies"

He's not "unable to play songs from the Smiths' back catalog" -- he's done it before. I think most recently even the Cribs covered "Panic" (on the quality, no comment :straightface:). I just don't really see the point of that question..:blushing:

Back
Top Bottom