Lance Armstrong comfirms come-back

almareallymatters

Seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong has confirmed he is coming out of retirement.

Lance-Armstrong_jpg.jpg

The 36-year-old won the last of his titles back in 2005 before quitting the sport, but has now confirmed he will go for number eight in the 2009 Tour.

He told Vanity Fair: "I'm going back to professional cycling. I'm going to try and win an eighth Tour de France."

Armstrong, a survivor of testicular cancer, hopes to raise awareness of the disease through his comeback.

The American was diagnosed with cancer in 1996, having already won two Tour stages in his young career.

Armstrong beat the illness and went on to win seven straight Tours from 1999
through 2005.

Talk of a comeback began when Armstrong asked the United States Anti-Doping Agency to be added to the out-of-competition testing pool.

And he revealed he wants his comeback to be as transparent as possible.

"We're going to be completely transparent and open with the press," he said. "This is for the world to see."

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
Good for him!
He always was stronger and tougher than the rest.
It would be mindblowing if he would indeed win again.

Go Lance!

Good for him!
He always was stronger and tougher than the rest.
It would be mindblowing if he would indeed win again.

Go Lance!

Yep...the Tour has just not been the same without him...I have no idea whether his 37 year old legs can pull him up those mountains...but it will be amazing to see him try!

I also brought his books for my father-in-law when he had cancer and they really inspired his recovery.

Love Alma xxx

During the tours de France, he often happened to be as nice as a pitbull, and as arrogant as possible.:)rolleyes:) I am eager to see if his mood has improved...:D
(My god, I will be blamed for that!)

During the tours de France, he often happened to be as nice as a pitbull, and as arrogant as possible.:)rolleyes:) I am eager to see if his mood has improved...:D

Competitive mindset perhaps?

Competitive mindset perhaps?

of course it is his competitive mindset, in individuality sports like cycling ,many if not most champions come off as pricks.
take my favorite individual sport or game, golf
the top golfer at this time is Tiger Woods,on the course during a tournament, he comes off as ice cold and distant to his fellow competitors,the best player of the 90s before him was Nick Faldo,no one liked him on the course,before that Nicklaus was the same,and before him Ben Hogan

only in team sports is being nice and friendly considered qualities you should have.

its not even that they are arrogant or cold,they are just totally focused on winning.

Back
Top Bottom