Londoners Vs Mancs

I wasn't generalising, I was just saying in my experience Cockney's and other people from London seem ruder. I know not all of them are. I work with someone who is a cockney and she's friendly and polite. I've met so many northerners that are friendly but not many southerners that are friendly.

I don't think it's really about people being 'rude' in London, it's that we're more guarded and unfriendly. But that's why I live here, I like the anonymity and I don't want pointless converstations in the shops or at the bus stop. It's bad enough having to speak to the people I actually do like at times without wilfully putting myself thru more unnecessary gum flapping. That guy was saying earlier about trying to give the ticket away in Cambridge and I understand what he meant, but you get to the point in London where if anyone approaches you in the street you just blank them - it's not very nice I know, but it's either that or spend your life getting hassled for 50p/a fag/directions or whatever. Of course the downside to this is when I have a hearto on Regent Street I'll be lying there all afternoon til I turn blue, but you know - that's my choice. I've lived in the same house for near enough eight years and have never spoken to my neighbours, and that's the way I like it. I like it when I go up north and I do find people a lot friendlier up there, but I wouldn't really want to live there.

Last edited:
I'm a Northerner. I'm unfriendly and anti social. My wife is a Southerner and she is friendly. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom