Memories of Boxers tour.

G

gas meter

Have just finished watching Morrissey at Edinburgh Usher hall from 1995, courtesy of Vulgar , thanks again .

I didn't manage to catch Moz on the Boxers tour, for some reason.

I was wondering what peoples memories where.

At the Edinburgh gig there seemed to be so many stage invaders, I presume security was a bit more lax back then . I wonder where all the brave ones are now?
Anybody on Moz -solo there that night?

Also not much chat from Morrissey in between songs, but very energetic .

Cheers, Peter.

I saw Morrissey at the Newcastle City Hall on the Boxers tour. All seated venue, so no great atmosphere, until Morrissey stoped a short way into the encore of Shoplifters, aksed the secuirty what they were doing as they were being very rough. He then started the song again, the security just stood and did nothing as loads of fans invaded the stage, with moz having to leave before the song was even half finished.

The highlight was London as it was played for the first time on that tour i think.

The set list from that tour was the best i can remember (only my opinion)

vulgar

I caught his Lordship at Sheffield '95, towards the end of the show I was actually helped onto the stage by the security! Things are slightly different now!

I was lifted on to the stage by security as well! Blackpool ’95. If only things were still like that – I would never have made it up there on my own.

No sadly (or perhaps thankfully) not. I wasn’t expecting to be lifted on stage and have vague memories of wandering around confusedly before I even touched Morrissey, so maybe best that it’s not immortalised on film!

> Have just finished watching Morrissey at Edinburgh Usher hall from 1995,
> courtesy of Vulgar , thanks again .

> I didn't manage to catch Moz on the Boxers tour, for some reason.

> I was wondering what peoples memories where.

> At the Edinburgh gig there seemed to be so many stage invaders, I presume
> security was a bit more lax back then . I wonder where all the brave ones
> are now?
> Anybody on Moz -solo there that night?

> Also not much chat from Morrissey in between songs, but very energetic .

> Cheers, Peter.

The Usher Hall night was fantantic. I managed to get on the stage and hugged and kissed Morrissey on the nape of his neck.

To top it off, after the gig, there was a Smiths night next door till 3am. Still have fab memories of that night even though I was drunk at the end of it!

Cheers,
Steve

I got on stage at Sheffield during Speedway which was right at the end of the show, when the video came out, the later segments of the show were filmed at Blackpool unfortunately!

Boxers Tour

Amazing Tour !

> The Usher Hall night was fantantic. I managed to get on the stage and
> hugged and kissed Morrissey on the nape of his neck.

> To top it off, after the gig, there was a Smiths night next door till 3am.
> Still have fab memories of that night even though I was drunk at the end
> of it!

> Cheers,
> Steve

> Have just finished watching Morrissey at Edinburgh Usher hall from 1995,
> courtesy of Vulgar , thanks again .

> I didn't manage to catch Moz on the Boxers tour, for some reason.

> I was wondering what peoples memories where.

> At the Edinburgh gig there seemed to be so many stage invaders, I presume
> security was a bit more lax back then . I wonder where all the brave ones
> are now?
> Anybody on Moz -solo there that night?

> Also not much chat from Morrissey in between songs, but very energetic .

> Cheers, Peter.
I was the first guy on stage at usher hall, big ungainly looking chap. had been to glasgow and motherwell gigs on the two proceeding days and sussed out that the bouncers werent hassling stage invaders. was determined to be first up. pride of place in my bootleg collection.
alsop got to sing two lines of shoplifters with the band at the motherwell gig, when moz left the stage. best 6 secs of my life, before getting unceremoniously carted off

Back
Top Bottom