Morrissey #2 in midweek UK album charts - Official Charts Company

Can Morrissey topple Ed Sheeran from the Official Albums Chart summit? - Official Charts Company

Excerpt:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business is set to become this week’s highest new albums entry.

Ed Sheeran faces competition from Morrissey in the race to Number 1 on this week’s Official Albums Chart.

According to the Official Charts Company’s sales data, the 23-year-old singer/songwriter’s new studio album, X, is currently in pole position on today’s Update. However, Morrissey’s critically acclaimed, tenth solo album, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, is close behind with just 6,000 copies in it at this midway stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he went on a TV show and played a great track then that of course would inspire people to buy the album.

There must be something very bad happening or he just doesn't care.

Re:

Sadly no one is able to comprehend Morrissey's mind.
He craves No.1, yet something stops him doing promotional activities.

I sincerely hope that he will be recovering from illness (both physical and mental) soon.

"One of Our Own" is the "one" and only Moz song that reminds me of Garrett Sawyer (http://www.garrettsawyer.com/). LOL.

Me, I think the 4 singles are the best off the album, but also "Neal Cassady" too, of course.

This is not quite on topic, but my favorite song from the new album -- and in fact the only song I really like from the new album -- is "One of Our Own." It is a classic Morrissey B-side I think. It has a light, relaxed sound to it and sad, wistful lyrics. Also some Vini Reilly-type guitars in the background.

Re:

Sadly no one is able to comprehend Morrissey's mind.
He craves No.1, yet something stops him doing promotional activities.

I sincerely hope that he will be recovering from illness (both physical and mental) soon.

I completely agree. If chart position is still so important to him, why on earth such little promotion?

Re:

He only made it to #30 in Sweden. With YATQ, ROTT as well as with YOR he made it to #1. I think most people don't even know he's released a new record.

Weird Al outselling Morrissey in the US by a factor of 5-6 to 1.

This isn't surprising. Weird Al is a master of promoting himself with next to no budget in very creative ways, and he's really gone all out this time. His label gave him $0 for videos, so he's teamed with multiple websites (Funny Or Die, etc.) to produce videos for multiple songs on the new album to coincide with the release. They've all "gone viral," as they say, and with good reason—he's hilarious and talented and a genuinely good guy. He's also very big on social media, particularly Twitter, which he most definitely updates himself.

Disclaimer: I grew up listening to the Dr. Demento show, and I've been a Weird Al fan since I was a little kid.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom