Morrissey fans searched for meat before gig - The Daily Mirror

The last Moz show I attended was Salisbury a few months back. Security was OTT and everyone was frisked entering the venue. I though maybe Morrissey was on the al qaeda hitlist at the time. Absolutely pathetic if this meat story is true. I thought we were living in a democracy and not Stalinist Russia? I read the small print on the back of my ticket and no mention of not taking in meat products. I think someone needs a reality check.

This is a total NON sense, pathetic even...To check the bag of each fan who attends a show to see if it carries a sausage ??!! Because meat is not allowed !! This looks like the Muslims with pork, the Adventists with Sea food, the israelis with Kosher, now Morrissey with a sausage...Damned, the times of SS and Gestapo are lurring in...

You're the one talking nonsense. You can find non-Kosher food in most cities of Israel with no problem. People have the option there to eat at certified Kosher restaurants or not. The comparison with "SS and Gestapo" is tasteless and insulting to its true meaning. You should be ashamed.

Dear MORRISSEY: Aarhus a "barn burner" of a show? Hmmm... a security triple check ? , a "walk-off" or, simply a no-show, all seem in the offing tonight , don't they? Would give a finger or three to be there and see the proceedings as they unfold...song by song. Ouija Board, Ouija Board, would you help me?"

Come on boys n girls get real, security don't check for meat. A quiet day in the office and some clown comes up with this, and how many of you have jumped up and down declaring fascist state, don't believe all you read in fact don't believe anything you read until proved by experiencing it yourself, or the evidence is so strong it must be so.

So once again, no one checks you for meat products before you enter a Morrissey gig, it's a lie, surprising has that may seem, by our great British press.

Wow...Everyday is getting worse and worse.

I don't really believe this is true, but given some of the things that have occured lately who knows what will be next? Sadly I'm starting to believe that Morrissey just may think this is a wonderful idea and really start doing this. I think I remember a post about throwing sausages at him in response to David getting kicked out or maybe it was the T-shirt story--don't really remember.

I have carried food in my bag to gigs--im diabetic so I tend to carry a granola bar or something similar with me sometimes. I would never think to carry meat in my bag ...especially to a Morrissey show. But i have no idea if the snacks im carrying is Vegan or Vegitarinan since I am neither. So even if its not meat I could possibly still offend the man for godness sake!

THE MAIN REASON FOR MY POST HOWEVER IS THIS.......MORRISSEY , YOU CANNOT STOP PEOPLE FROM STARTING RUMORS, FROM TALKING ABOUT YOU OR FROM THINKING ABOUT YOU. YES THIS SITE AT TIMES HAS POSTED STORIES THAT YOU WOULD NOT LIKE YOUR FANS TO KNOW ABOUT (SOME VERY UNTRUE, SOME COMPELETELY TRUE, SOME ANYWHERE IN THE MIDDLE) THE GREAT THING ABOUT THIS SITE IS YOUR FANS HAVE A PLACE TO COME AN TALK ABOUT IT AND MOST WILL DEFEND YOU AND KNOW THAT AT THE VERY LEAST WE DO NOT ALWAYS KNOW THE ENTIRE STORY OR WHOLE SET OF FACTS. BUT EVEN IF THIS SITE WERE SHUT DOWN, YOU WOULD HAVE OTHER SOURCES THAT WOULD CONTINUE TO PRINT RUMORS AND MAKE UP STORIES. WHENEVER I HAVE READ SOMETHING ELSEWHERE, SOLO HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE PLACE I COME TO SEE WHAT OTHERS KNOW OR ARE THINKING. YES I CAN THINK FOR MYSELF AND CAN USUALLY DISTINGUISH TRUTH FROM TOTAL RUBISH. BUT IT ALSO HELPS TO HAVE A PLACE TO GET MORE INFO. DAVID HAS ALWAYS PROVIDED THIS. I LIKE THAT ANY IDIOT CAN POST WHAT EVER THEY ARE THINKING. NOT CARING WHAT OTHERS THINK ABOUT YOU AND NOT KNOWING WHAT OTHERS THINK ARE TWO VERY DIFFERENT THINGS. SOLO IS A GREAT RESOURCE. A CENSORED WEBSITE WOULD NOT BE AS POWERFUL--BECAUSE I AGREE THAT 'KNOWLEDGE IS POWER". WHEN IT BECOMES TOO DIFFICULT TO HEAR BAD THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF WELL YOU CAN CHOOSE TO JUST STOP LISTENING, BUT IT DOESN'T STOP OTHERS FROM THINKING, SAYING OR DOING WHAT THEY DO. FACE IT ,YOU HAVE MADE YOUR MARK AND YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ON SOMEONES MIND.
LOVE
k
(sorry for screaming but i don't think you're listening)

ps. David, even if Morrissey does not acknowledge the power you have given him with this site, I would like to thank you for the platform for all the great information (concert reviews, pictures, etc) this site contains. Yeah theres alot of crap on here too, but such is the world! Its sad that things have gotten this bad. Too bad the trolls have ruined things in this way. I still have my copies of SYL and too bad that this site does not reflect the beautiful work those fanzines were.
Cheers!

I am not sure who this Morrissey clown is but in his Honor I will make sure to kill a doe this year for deer season and as I eat it I will call it moz meal!!!

The point is that this site is not reliable, tempting it is, gossipy, frink thread great and all but for me it has lost completely the limit. First page news..great..shocking and all BUT also sensational and we know that there is nothing that's sensational and real at the same time. NEVER at least for 100%. My humble advice, please think twice when you write or present news. Can you verify? Do you really stand behind your angry comments?

Don't you find this article is absulute false.
This kind of stupid lies makes Moz hates this web.

Don't you find this article is absulute false.
This kind of stupid lies makes Moz hates this web.[/QUOTE

No confusion here I'm sure with everybody ref "News" I thought it was quite clear and plain that it should be the NME & The Mirror's lazy stupidity to print such a fabricated anti Morrissey peach ( I could be wrong no one know's everything and it's healthy to admit you could be wrong ) just shows what is NEWS and what is fantasy

Discuss

xxx

Ade

Just the same nonsense as always from tabloid press, has anyone here ever been searched for meat at one of his gigs? I highly doubt it. Pure lazy 'journalism' its more annoying that people believe such tripe, than the fact it gets printed.

Haha poor Mick the Boro Lad stood no chance, his pockets full of meat from the takeaway. You sure you got in mate?
The campaign against Solo goes on.....

Morrissey, search your band and crew. They eat meat, believe me. Oh and they wear leather too.

see...this is what is wrong with solo. If you go to NME, you'll see the comments mostly tilt to the story not being true. Meaning you can't go by one person's account, the security was probably joking, and so far no one here who went to the show has confirmed they were searched for meat.

And yet, here on solow, you all believe it to be true and proof Morrissey has lost it. What the f*** is wrong with this site? are you all idiots??? i mean...damn!! this site seems to be full of fans with below average intelligence.

I'm not a troll. But stating the obvious...

oh, i really love Mozz, but for this, i would throw him sausages on stage, not flowers. if it's true, ofc.

oh, i really love Mozz, but for this, i would throw him sausages on stage, not flowers. if it's true, ofc.

there is nothing of substance that says this is true... why are you ready to jump to conclusions based on no credible sources?

Why is this not obvious to so many of you solow participants??

Morrissey doesn't want to spend his time releasing statements to clear up stupid, almost laughable (although damaging) rumors posted on this site... and believed by the most gullible. This is why he sees this site as such a nuisance.

Perhaps Morrissey should be searched for a catchy tune since YOU ARE THE QUARRY.

Much as with the ridiculous notion of banning a person for what OTHERS may say, the notion of anyone trying to ban someone from carrying something in his own purse is a bit much.

It's like a customs guard who was upset that I was reading an edition of LEAVES OF GRASS as I was in a car crossing the border. As I pointed out to him, the cover (featuring some rear nudity) was from a famous American painting, and the poet was a famous American as well. He let it go...

Perhaps Morrissey should be searched for a catchy tune since YOU ARE THE QUARRY.

Much as with the ridiculous notion of banning a person for what OTHERS may say, the notion of anyone trying to ban someone from carrying something in his own purse is a bit much.

It's like a customs guard who was upset that I was reading an edition of LEAVES OF GRASS as I was in a car crossing the border. As I pointed out to him, the cover (featuring some rear nudity) was from a famous American painting, and the poet was a famous American as well. He let it go...

Are you the same Timmybear that did the lovely montage/video to I Fell In Love with A Dead Boy?

That would be me, yes. Thank you. :)

I love that song and also your video. I watch it quite often as I can't find it to buy. Saw Antony a while back and he performed I Fell in Love With A Dead Boy, but it was the orchestrated version and I personally didn't like it as much. Thanks again :)

I love that song and also your video. I watch it quite often as I can't find it to buy. Saw Antony a while back and he performed I Fell in Love With A Dead Boy, but it was the orchestrated version and I personally didn't like it as much. Thanks again :)

Yes, it was up at rebismusic.com (the CD single) so I ordered it (interestingly, though it's not on that label, it was mailed out by Secretly Canadian). Sadly, it vanished shortly afterwards, so I may have got one of the last copies. :(

Back
Top Bottom