Morrissey glasses

EmilyStrange

Does anyone know what glasses Morrissey used when he was in the Smiths? I know they were NHS glasses, but like what models?

And does anyone know where it's possible to buy such glasses today?

:eek:

Moz in glasses= sexy.that's all I know.

Cannot resist a man in glasses.Thick glasses and I'm a gonna.:rolleyes:
My favorite pics of Mozzer are those early ones in glasses! Oh so sexy! Hellie you are right on!

Cannot resist a man in glasses.Thick glasses and I'm a gonna.:rolleyes:

I know what you mean...

2200502398_3ce23864c7.jpg

When I did the Stars In Their Eyes thingy at the local pub, I went to Maplins for one of those hearing aid thingys (£2), and bought some comedy 'Austin Powers' specs, then flipped out the lenses. Worked OK. Except I came last.

Peter

When I did the Stars In Their Eyes thingy at the local pub, I went to Maplins for one of those hearing aid thingys (£2), and bought some comedy 'Austin Powers' specs, then flipped out the lenses. Worked OK. Except I came last.

Peter

wasnt maplins the holiday camp in hi de hi?

anyway just put nhs glasses in to ebay theres loads of pairs with clear lenses too.

What exactly is meant by "standard NHS glasses"? Were his glasses standard in the early 80's? They look rather old-fashioned, even for the eighties so I thought his glasses might be vintage already then?

It does seem strange that people noticed his glasses so much if they were the kind of glasses people normally used at that time.

What exactly is meant by "standard NHS glasses"? Were his glasses standard in the early 80's? They look rather old-fashioned, even for the eighties so I thought his glasses might be vintage already then?

It does seem strange that people noticed his glasses so much if they were the kind of glasses people normally used at that time.

They had been part of the standard NHS range of specs. However most people had started to opt for the Opticians other range of non-NHS specs.

I actually believe it's worse nowadays to get decent specs. Loads of frames, but very little choice.

Back
Top Bottom