Morrissey in Marxism Today magazine (October 1988)

hatfulofhistory

In October 1988, the Communist Party of Great Britain's Marxism Today magazine proposed that we were living in 'new times' and set out ways in which British society was changing. In the section on 'solitude', they had this quite from Moz:

In 1951, 10% of all households in Britain were one-person households. By 1986 that figure had risen to 25%. Morrissey, one of the 80s' most famous solitary stars, told MT: 'Solitude has powerful advantages - I'll scrub no one's doorstep, thank you very much. We must assume that the clannish three quarters of the population are malicious carnivores and the solitary quarter are saintly vegetarians who refuse to live with them.'

Find the article here - Moz quote on page 6

In October 1988, the Communist Party of Great Britain's Marxism Today magazine proposed that we were living in 'new times' and set out ways in which British society was changing. In the section on 'solitude', they had this quite from Moz:

In 1951, 10% of all households in Britain were one-person households. By 1986 that figure had risen to 25%. Morrissey, one of the 80s' most famous solitary stars, told MT: 'Solitude has powerful advantages - I'll scrub no one's doorstep, thank you very much. We must assume that the clannish three quarters of the population are malicious carnivores and the solitary quarter are saintly vegetarians who refuse to live with them.'

Find the article here - Moz quote on page 6

I concur...even now.

Back
Top Bottom