Morrissey's solo albums ranked - NME

I'm all over gatefolds. I miss the gatefold 12" Singles, not that we got many from Moz. The Hold Onto Your Friends one is gorgeous. They should have done a 7" gatefold also.

Funny, just last night I was up very late going through all of my records for the first time in ages, and I specifically pulled this one out of the plastic to admire the gatefold. Such a nice package. I love that it even has the lyrics inside!

Funny, just last night I was up very late going through all of my records for the first time in ages, and I specifically pulled this one out of the plastic to admire the gatefold. Such a nice package. I love that it even has the lyrics inside!

You're preaching to the choir... with lyrics. That has to be the last time lyrics appeared on a Morrissey single I'd say off the top of my head. Every time I look at the back which is sublime I wonder whose hands they are. They look Wildean maybe? I also wonder who Whores In Retirement were. Maybe it was just Morrissey designing under another pseudonym.

You're preaching to the choir... with lyrics. That has to be the last time lyrics appeared on a Morrissey single I'd say off the top of my head. Every time I look at the back which is sublime I wonder whose hands they are. They look Wildean maybe? I also wonder who Whores In Retirement were. Maybe it was just Morrissey designing under another pseudonym.

Yeah, the photo of the hands looks like it might have been taken off a TV screen, maybe. I've always assumed Whores In Retirement is just a pseudonym that Morrissey uses as a publishing moniker. I remember seeing it at the end of Live 25 and in the Autobiography colophon, but I don't know when it was last used on a sleeve. A trivia question for someone other than me! Do you know?

Yeah, the photo of the hands looks like it might have been taken off a TV screen, maybe. I've always assumed Whores In Retirement is just a pseudonym that Morrissey uses as a publishing moniker. I remember seeing it at the end of Live 25 and in the Autobiography colophon, but I don't know when it was last used on a sleeve. A trivia question for someone other than me! Do you know?

I suspected as much. It always sounded like a Moz song title to me.

Yeah it was last used on all of the Southpaw Grammar sleeves.

Chickpea/marred - your collections are making me jealous! Stop it. :)

I'm actually setting up my tripod right now. ;)

I am eagerly awaiting the results. It sucks cause a few months ago I was at a shop in Philly that usually doesn’t have that many notable things, but they had a Moz 12” single and I forget what it was. Instead though, I opted to get original/older pressings of “Meat Is Murder” and “Strangeways” as well as a “How Soon Is Now” 12” single so it wasn’t a total loss. But now I’m wishing I got that Moz solo single as well, it’s long gone.

OK, done. :p Of course the sun decided to come out 15 minutes after I finished taking garbage photos in a dark room!

It’s done the same thing here, weather wise too. We would plan to go to the pool....then look outside and it’s cloudy and gross so we change plans. Then the sun comes out and it’s burning hot outside!

The sun was shining and I went to the pool yesterday. But it didn't matter, because here in UK we put pools indoors.

We still keep the sea and rivers outside though.

yeah fred same in baltimore. you guys inspired me to go out and take some photos myself, not of a collection, but its gonna start storming here soon i believe. cant risk the camera now.

Back
Top Bottom