Portugese LPpressings of bad soundquality?

sistasheila

tjekket
but i heard that portugese lp persseing are of a bad quality soundwise...
compared to english,german or japanese pressings

is that right (according to my local record dealer who actually must know that )

iam talking about the queen is dead pink vinyl portugese

Colored vinyl and picture discs have lower sound quality than black vinyl. I've heard that the original Teldec/Zensor German 12" singles pressed on black vinyl were for DJs, the colored vinyl for the masses, which explains why the black vinyl ones are much more scarce.

But these weren't really meant to be played, just as Franklin Mint Elvis plates aren't made to be eaten on.

iam talking about the queen is dead pink vinyl portugese

If I may add... what you are asking about is a bootleg. I don't expect it will be better. It might have been mastered from a cd.

As for original Portuguese pressings, which are on black vinyl always, I can't say... I don't think I've ever listened to one, and now my turntable is dead.

Stephane

Stephane, I was thinking perhaps someone got ahold of the original pressing plates and is making all these. Might explain why they all seem to be coming from one source (Sister Ray). I'd like to see what is in the run-off grooves and if they match the original UK pressing or the Portuguese pressing, if either.

Stephane, I was thinking perhaps someone got ahold of the original pressing plates and is making all these. Might explain why they all seem to be coming from one source (Sister Ray). I'd like to see what is in the run-off grooves and if they match the original UK pressing or the Portuguese pressing, if either.

I've just had a look at the Pink QID, here's what is in the run-off on side 1.
fabricado en portugal
rough 95 pl a1
trans media lda
27-5-86

least that's what it looks like to me.

love

Grim

I just checked my copy and it's different:

ROUGH-96-A1 (ROUGH-96-B1 on side B)
27-5-86
and some sort of script signature

It doesn't mean much I guess, earlier and later pressings sometimes differ like that. Also, what I have is the edition with pink label and white text. There is a different edition with grey text. But I don't have it anymore, I've sold it, so I can't check.

Stephane

Back
Top Bottom