ShoutoutLA: "Meet Brendan Buckley | Drummer" (November 20, 2023)

c-PersonalBrendanBuckley__BBInmyDefense_1698614458966.jpg

"I am a freelance musician. This means that every year of my career looks remarkably different than the previous one. And, I actually have very little ability to predict what adventures lie around the corner. I work with a variety of different artists. Sometimes, I am hired by a manager or artist to perform on a live concert tour. Other times, I am hired by a producer or artist to record music in a studio for a new album... "

you must be a new generation fan...
because this is the worst backing band in the history of MOZ... all 40+ years.
They all look like the gentrified/woke cast of some lame CW vampire tv show.
They play and sound worst than a MOZ/Smiths tribute band.

Moz is in his "Fat Elvis" stage.... his voice is the strongest ever but he is just going through the motions with the same ol tired setlist.

"truly disappointing"
It was A JOKE.

I did think they were really good when I saw them, they just lacked a little something that Alain and Gustavo had.

I saw both live, did you? Or just seen the YouTube videos?

you must be a new generation fan...
because this is the worst backing band in the history of MOZ... all 40+ years.
They all look like the gentrified/woke cast of some lame CW vampire tv show.
They play and sound worst than a MOZ/Smiths tribute band.

Moz is in his "Fat Elvis" stage.... his voice is the strongest ever but he is just going through the motions with the same ol tired setlist.

"truly disappointing"

I do find it funny how Jesse always got harped on for not playing old Solo and Smiths songs correctly. And then when the new chick Carmen can barely play them at all, nobody seems to care.

I do find it funny how Jesse always got harped on for not playing old Solo and Smiths songs correctly. And then when the new chick Carmen can barely play them at all, nobody seems to care.
She is terrible and visually, they all collectively--Morrissey included, are just really hard to watch.

And thank god. As much as I liked the 92 line up, the peak of the band’s cohesiveness and rocking abilities, it’s great and exciting to see new faces, and finally, women on the stage with M is simply awesome.

I can’t wait to see the next line up after this one !

VIVA MOZ !!!

:rock:

I wonder if they each even got 10%?

Really there have been several comments about that... some here in this thread.

Peter Hooks drummers description of himself a few weeks ago made me laugh. Similar hairstyle to Brendan though.

I don't blame him. It is clearly a job for him. Nothing more and that's ok.
Actually, Brendan is a HUGE Smiths fan and says he has been since he was a teen, so this will be a dream gig for him (or will have totally shattered his illusions... who knows, but since he has stayed for a few years, I imagine he must mostly love it).

Back
Top Bottom