When YOR is released....

It's funny this topic really intrigues me...Like beating a dead horse, only more fun.

In my mind, I associate THPGU and AYNIM as being STRONGLY affiliated with Greatest Hits. The B-sides were done as one-offs and I don't consider them YOR session tracks. The other link is that the cover photos of the 2 singles, like that of of GH, feature OLD Morrissey photos-not new.

I think when ITMAAP is released it will likely have artwork in the same vein as YOR and feel more associated with it (B-sides-wise?). So would it be possible for them to start fresh - Paris being single #1 - and release more than 1 more single after it? Just wondering...

- J

I definitely think one more will come after Paris for sure but with a 12 song album what's the chance 5 of those songs will be singles? I dunno I guess this horse can take a little more beating huh? I don't have much to post about after finding out Moz is gonna skip Oz once again :(

I don't get why you would use Arsenal as a reference to the possibility that there are at least 2 more singles to come after Paris if you are saying arsenal only had 3 singles:(

Well, I think the point is he released 3 singles from Yer ArseN'all with just 4 new b-sides (of which two were recorded afterwards). So, if he has a number of new songs in hand (and I think he already has 6 or so that we know of) then we can safely assumed he is intending to release more singles, because he is saving these songs for b-sides.

I would honestly bet on at least two more singles after Paris. Three might be pushing it, but you never know with Morrissey. He might actually want to have six singles on an album for some reason we don't understand! When it was first played live, lots of people wanted Skull as a single, Farewell would be a possibility, and from the reviews Birthday sounds like a ballady candidate, so the material is there...

Last edited:
I too would expect at least 2, if not 3 more singles from the album after "Paris". I don't count "Grow Up" and "All You Need Is Me" as being from this new album. I think the counter has been reset. Morrissey will spend most of 2009 touring and he will need to release something while he's on the road. Although if "Paris" flops in the charts, and somehow I don't think it's going to fare very well (*), he might just release one more single, then other stuff instead of singles, such as a deluxe edition of the album or a live CD/DVD.

Stephane

(*) This is not a reflection on the quality of "Paris", I'm only being realist about the state of the charts nowadays and Morrissey's position in the music scene.

I too would expect at least 2, if not 3 more singles from the album after "Paris". I don't count "Grow Up" and "All You Need Is Me" as being from this new album. I think the counter has been reset. Morrissey will spend most of 2009 touring and he will need to release something while he's on the road. Although if "Paris" flops in the charts, and somehow I don't think it's going to fare very well (*), he might just release one more single, then other stuff instead of singles, such as a deluxe edition of the album or a live CD/DVD.

Stephane

(*) This is not a reflection on the quality of "Paris", I'm only being realist about the state of the charts nowadays and Morrissey's position in the music scene.

Yeah I guess he will have to release at least 2 more cause Paris is sub par at best. You nailed it when you said AYNIM and THPGU don't really count as singles on YOR and I am still baffled as to how they ended up on the album even though I like the 2 songs. They are far better than Paris imho. The last thing I care about is chart pos so if Paris does badly and it's incentive for him to release more then great, then more B sides. I think Moz's latest greatest sigle so far is "First of the gang to die" and maybe "IBEH", ok so I'll have to add "YHKM" but the rest didn't do much for me coz I hold him to the level of Suedehead, Everyday is like Sunday, November....blah, blah, blah. As far as I'm concerned he has his single release system arse backwards. The B sides of the recent singles are better than the actual singles.

Case in point - "If you don't like me then don't look at me" amazing title and awesome song. I think he really missed an opportunity with this song. I would just love to see a title like that along side Oldplay or whoever else is apparently the greatest band of the day. And I do mean the DAY.

When we all buy YOR and load it into our itunes playlists proceed to delete AYNIM and THPGU and replace them with a B side or 2 :)

Back
Top Bottom