Which photographer's Morrissey photos would you like see?

Kewpie

Subscriber
Many great photograpers have taken Morrissey's photos.

However, there are some legendary photographers haven't done a photo session yet.

I may be wrong, but I still haven't seen David Bailey, Terry O'Neill and Annie Leibovitz's photos of Morrissey.

Who would you suggest Morrissey to do a photo session with?

(Some of you are professional photographers, but excluding you).

Too bad Herb Ritts didn't get a chance. :(

It may not happen, but Nobuyoshi Araki's Morrissey portrait would be interesting. :p

I'm sure there was a David Bailey one in some kind of special from Q or some other of the glossy mags. If I remember correctly it was a black and white close up(very close up)of his face.I remember at the time being surprised because it was David Bailey.I'll try and dig it out.Anyone else remember this.It was a fairly recent photo from the past 2 or 3 years....and to answer the original question, I think Cecil Beaton would have been totally appropriate.

Last edited:
I'm sure there was a David Bailey one in some kind of special from Q or some other of the glossy mags. If I remember correctly it was a black and white close up(very close up)of his face.I remember at the time being surprised because it was David Bailey.I'll try and dig it out.Anyone else remember this.It was a fairly recent photo from the past 2 or 3 years....and to answer the original question, I think Cecil Beaton would have been totally appropriate.

This is the one, I think it's from the NME

bailey.jpg

Many great photograpers have taken Morrissey's photos.

However, there are some legendary photographers haven't done a photo session yet.

I may be wrong, but I still haven't seen David Bailey, Terry O'Neill and Annie Leibovitz's photos of Morrissey.

Who would you suggest Morrissey to do a photo session with?

(Some of you are professional photographers, but excluding you).

Kewpie, I realize this is an impossibility but I wonder what Diane Arbus's take on Morrissey would be? And I cannot think of his name, but that photographer who worked with Depeche Mode- his style is a bit different.

I should be photographing him.

Kewpie, I realize this is an impossibility but I wonder what Diane Arbus's take on Morrissey would be? And I cannot think of his name, but that photographer who worked with Depeche Mode- his style is a bit different.

Anton Corbijn- but he has worked with Morrissey, hasn't he? Didn't he direct a video or two? Lately he directed the film Control.

I loved the Wolfgang Tillmans outdoor photos, those were really wonderful.

There is only one photographer I would nominate, but I've been disqualified per Kewpie. :( ;)

Anton Corbijin took Viva Hate sleeve and some other his photos are also used singles sleeve.

Anton Corbijn- but he has worked with Morrissey, hasn't he? Didn't he direct a video or two? Lately he directed the film Control.

I loved the Wolfgang Tillmans outdoor photos, those were really wonderful.

There is only one photographer I would nominate, but I've been disqualified per Kewpie. :( ;)

I feel so out of the loop! I should know these things!

Kewpie, all I can do is blush with discomfort and embarrassment. :o

Naah, don't feel badly. Corbijn did the Personal Jesus video for DM, and I think he's still on retainer for U2. I thought he directed November Spawned a Monster, but I can't really remember that far back.

A quick search tells me that he shot the infamously delicious "Moz Belly" photo session.

Back
Top Bottom