Alain Whyte: Band update (June 16, 2023)

Screenshot_20230616-165701.png

1686931063262.jpg

1686931065886.jpg

1686931068090.jpg

Screenshot_20230617-114140.png

Regards,
FWD.

Fantastic lineup, except they're missing a singer. They should try and get
that Morrissey guy!!

All I'm saying is echoing other people's suggestions that Gustavo leaving probably isn't entirely due to Alain. That he was partly thinking of leaving anyway. But I've got no info on this and I'm not really that interested - I'd just like to hear properly released versions of the new songs.
I am guessing that there were tensions building up between Jesse and Gustavo, just like there were tensions between Alain and Boz at some point.

Morrissey and Boz (musical director} saw enough talent in the guy and gave him opportunities to grow as a composer, as a multi- instrumentalist, even as a singer by allowing him to sing the last part of Speedway in Spanish (fans weren’t so happy). Then his song “Spent the day in ved” became the lead single from LIHS ( an Morrissey’s last hit single as it turned out). The same happened with IANADOAC, an album for which Jesse contributed 6 songs. Next came Covid and Boz’s departure, BMG dumping Morrissey and so on. Without knowing what happened behind the scenes, there seems to be ground for dissatisfaction.

this comment wins the thread.
but seriously why shouldn't alain and gustavo and these folks be allowed to do whatever the f*** they want? there are no no-compete clauses in music! morrissey can't even release the music he's recorded, two albums worth. he won't compromise, big labels only, i mean imagine how frustrating it must be for the band to have to go along with his stupid decisions and nod along when he does his woe is me i am misunderstood persecuted spiel. morrissey is not the owner of these people, they can choose to go enjoy playiong together and have "good vibes". good for them.
That's a point I've made before. Alain was with Morrissey through the first no-record-contract phase between Maladjusted and YATQ. Once was probably enough for him.

Morrissey treats everyone around him like servants, yet he wants respect from the entire world.

People are just sick of it. Then they leave.

That's a point I've made before. Alain was with Morrissey through the first no-record-contract phase between Maladjusted and YATQ. Once was probably enough for him.
Excellent point. I thought the same but I hadn't made that singular distinction re the Maladjusted to Quarry wilderness era. Alain has seen enough troubled waters.

I am guessing that there were tensions building up between Jesse and Gustavo, just like there were tensions between Alain and Boz at some point.

Morrissey and Boz (musical director} saw enough talent in the guy and gave him opportunities to grow as a composer, as a multi- instrumentalist, even as a singer by allowing him to sing the last part of Speedway in Spanish (fans weren’t so happy). Then his song “Spent the day in ved” became the lead single from LIHS ( an Morrissey’s last hit single as it turned out). The same happened with IANADOAC, an album for which Jesse contributed 6 songs. Next came Covid and Boz’s departure, BMG dumping Morrissey and so on. Without knowing what happened behind the scenes, there seems to be ground for dissatisfaction.
Even though there were glowing reports of this being the best line up ever I never bought it. Yes I only have live youtube to go by but there didn't seem to be much on stage chemistry happening. I don't think I saw Morrissey look at Alain once or even share the same space as him. It seemed like he was a session musician no one had seen before.

As far as the trials you've noted it wasn't exactly a stable ship and Alain left while the going was good. Maybe Gus got a whiff and thought I may as well go too?

this comment wins the thread.
but seriously why shouldn't alain and gustavo and these folks be allowed to do whatever the f*** they want? there are no no-compete clauses in music! morrissey can't even release the music he's recorded, two albums worth. he won't compromise, big labels only, i mean imagine how frustrating it must be for the band to have to go along with his stupid decisions and nod along when he does his woe is me i am misunderstood persecuted spiel. morrissey is not the owner of these people, they can choose to go enjoy playiong together and have "good vibes". good for them.
As a fan I am getting really fkn tired of Morrissey's complaining re the record companies. Can you imagine having to live under that cloud as a band member? Maybe he's not brave enough to go it alone?

Jesse Tobias should have gone years ago not in same league as Boz or Alain by a long way ...we'll have to see how the new combo works

I wonder what type of venue they are going to be play in? I'm assuming in Ireland, we're talking about Whelans/Dolans/Cyprus Avenue/Róisín Dubh in terms of size? Hardly much bigger?

A festival would be would be a good place to kick off an experiment like this but that's unlikely late in the year..

I wonder what type of venue they are going to be play in? I'm assuming in Ireland, we're talking about Whelans/Dolans/Cyprus Avenue/Róisín Dubh in terms of size? Hardly much bigger?

A festival would be would be a good place to kick off an experiment like this but that's unlikely late in the year..

I think in Manchester somewhere like The Ritz as Smiths cover bands sell the place out, so Alains band should be able to do that.

I think in Manchester somewhere like The Ritz as Smiths cover bands sell the place out, so Alains band should be able to do that.
Hard to know about these things. I can normally convince quite a lot of friends who are Smiths fans to go and see a Smiths covers band - I doubt they'd be that interested in seeing a band fronted by Morrissey's guitarist.

Israel gigs should be interesting.

Even though there were glowing reports of this being the best line up ever I never bought it. Yes I only have live youtube to go by but there didn't seem to be much on stage chemistry happening. I don't think I saw Morrissey look at Alain once or even share the same space as him. It seemed like he was a session musician no one had seen before.

As far as the trials you've noted it wasn't exactly a stable ship and Alain left while the going was good. Maybe Gus got a whiff and thought I may as well go too?
I buy into the idea that M had the best line-up in a while (not best ever) on basisthe of the professional qualities of the musicians but I was also told by some who attended that there wasn’t a strong band dybamic during the last tour. Last year’s UK tour was pretty awesome though (I was there).
Agree with you on everything else.

I buy into the idea that M had the best line-up in a while (not best ever) on basisthe of the professional qualities of the musicians but I was also told by some who attended that there wasn’t a strong band dybamic during the last tour. Last year’s UK tour was pretty awesome though (I was there).
Agree with you on everything else.
Well I'll take your word for it as you were actually there :)

Jesse Tobias should have gone years ago not in same league as Boz or Alain by a long way ...we'll have to see how the new combo works
I think you are wrong. Jesse is a great guitarist. Alain and boz just average. Just because J. is not white. Otherwise you are a racist.

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom