Album with most songs never played live?

King Leer

Leering since '97
One of those Morrissey-related questions that pops into your head -- Which albums contains the most songs never played in a live setting?

It's like sports statistics minutiae, but I'm sure someone can quickly come up with the answer.

Edit: No, I don't want to go back through the never-played-live threads and calculate it myself.

Kill Uncle is the most songs never played live.

However, in terms of actal album tracks Viva Hate is the answer.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=72027

Viva Hate
-I Know Very Well How I Got my Name
-Oh Well, I'll Never Learn
-Bengali in Platforms
-The Ordinary Boys
-I Don't Mind If You Forget Me
-Dial-a-Cliche
-Margaret on the Guillotine (full version!)

Kill Uncle
-Michael's Bones
-Get Off the Stage
-Journalists Who Lie
-Tony the Pony
-Found Found Found
-The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye
-There Speaks a True Friend
-You've Had Her

Vauxhall and I
-I'd Love To
-Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
-The Lazy Sunbathers

Southpaw Grammar
-Best Friend on the Payroll
-Southpaw
-You Must Please Remember
-Black-Eyed Susan

Maladjusted
-Papa Jack
-Ammunition
-He Cried
-Now I Am A Was
-This is Not Your Country

You Are The Quarry
-Come Back to Camden (played in July + Aug 2011)
-Teenage Dad on His Estate (played in July 2009)
-I Am Two People
-The Slum Mums
-The Public Image
-I Knew I Was Next

Ringleader Of The Tormentors
-Christian Dior
-Sweetie Pie
-Children in Pieces
-My Dearest Love

Last edited:
-Christian Dior
-Sweetie Pie
-Children in Pieces
-My Dearest Love

I can't express how much I want to hear him to play 'Children In Pieces' in Omagh :pray::o

Interesting to know that 5 songs of YATQ singles B-side tracks hadn't been played in live.

I'm not sure that "michaels bones' (1989) qualifies for inclusion on Kill Uncle does it ? And "I new I was next" is surely from Ringleader's sessions,don't you think ?

i had never realised that come back to camden was the only song from YATQ (ok, with the exception of b-sides) that has never been played live! is that really so? actually, come back to camden is one of my all time favourite songs.. but perhaps is not very "playable live", i suppose.

Kewpie, your list is all f***ed up. You've Had Her is clearly an Arsenal era b-side.

i studied that list before and you've had her and there speaks a true friend aren't to do with kill uncle for a start. but i thought better of questioning the author:eek:

The correct list should be:

Viva Hate
-Bengali in Platforms
-The Ordinary Boys
-I Don't Mind If You Forget Me
-Dial-a-Cliche
-Margaret on the Guillotine

Kill Uncle
-Found Found Found
-The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye

Vauxhall and I
-Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
-The Lazy Sunbathers

Southpaw Grammar
-Best Friend on the Payroll
-Southpaw

Maladjusted
-Papa Jack
-Ammunition
-He Cried

You Are The Quarry
-Come Back to Camden

So looking at the last 2 albums it's a safe bet that he will play nearly all of the new album live the upcoming months.

So there was a thread that compiled it all -- gomen nasai.

Looking at all this, the most interesting stat is that everything released from the Your Arsenal sessions has been played live? Even You've Had Her?

Edit: The Beast posted while I was searching Passions to see whether YHH had actually ever been played live! Didn't notice it listed under KU, because I wasn't looking for it...

Your Arsenal is the only album he's played all the (album)songs live.(I've just noticed that.I'm not making any kind of grand statement).

My original question was sticking to just album tracks, so the list dug up threw things off a bit but is also interesting.

On a tangent, why were all the b-sides of We Hate It...all live tracks? Hadn't any b-sides been done by that point?

And I thought America Is Not The World had never been played, but it did in fact get two airings during Euro fest dates in 2004 (thanks Passions...). I guess that's the only song in the Moz canon to literally become out of date.

Sorrow Will Come In The End was certainly never played live.

I thought I recalled that he did play Come Back To Camden once - maybe he just sang a few lines of it?

Sorrow Will Come In The End was certainly never played live.

I thought I recalled that he did play Come Back To Camden once - maybe he just sang a few lines of it?

No. Soundchecked in 04, that was it.

Back
Top Bottom