Who says Pitbulls' don't like cats?
IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Steve

Pretty dog.

Third of dogs 'overweight'
More than one in three dogs in Britain is overweight because owners feed their pets too many treats and do not give them enough exercise.

Published: 1:00PM GMT 17 Feb 2010

Cats are also getting bigger, with a quarter deemed to be overweight – five per cent more than three years ago – according to veterinary charity the People's Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA).

The figures, which came to light after the PDSA assessed 8,000 dogs last year, suggest more than three and a half million dogs in Britain are obese.

Sean Wensley, PDSA Senior Veterinary Surgeon, said: "Many owners get into the habit of feeding scraps and fatty treats to pets.

"We have seen a steady increase in the number of dogs, cats, rabbits and even small furry pets that are overweight."

The charity warned pet owners that excessive feeding can harm their animals' health.

Mr Wensley said: "Thousands of pets across the UK are having their quality of life, and lifespan, cut short as a direct result of obesity.

"Ultimately, it is the owners who are in control of their pets' food intake and often they inadvertently feed an inappropriate diet and excessive calories."

PDSA run an annual pet slimming competition called 'Pet Fit Club' which helps owners to slim down their pets.

The charity operates through a UK network of 43 pet hospitals and more than 350 private veterinary practices.

Does anyone have any recommendations for healthy dog food? I know the horrors of "commerical dog food" and do not feed that to my own dog. But as I have been researching natural dog foods, I have learned that they too can be harmful to pets. I am having so much anxiety about choosing a brand for my dog and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks! :)

Well, in a loveless world, you could show your k9 some love with this:

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=327&cat=all

Expensive, but worth it. Also, that above site is fantastic as far as dog food analysis goes...be warned, though..some of their "High Protien," 5-star rated, foods actually contain too much protein for some dogs to process...these are meant for very active dogs that do need the extra protein.

Wellness is very good stuff. Here's one very satisfied customer:
[youtube]c3oEKB_0-Dg&feature=related[/youtube]

Steve

Does anyone have any recommendations for healthy dog food? I know the horrors of "commerical dog food" and do not feed that to my own dog. But as I have been researching natural dog foods, I have learned that they too can be harmful to pets. I am having so much anxiety about choosing a brand for my dog and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks! :)

Don't know about healthy dog food, but ethical food (or as ethical as you can get if you feed them other animals) can be found listed here:

http://www.peta.org.uk/features/non-animal-tested-companion-animal-food/:thumb:

basically all they're saying here is that these companies haven't done the same tests/experiments that iams, purnima, whiscas/mars continue to do on laboratory cats and dogs.

PS: not judging anyone - my cats eat coop cat food (fish, bird and animal varieties although i myself am vegan)

what does Morrissey feed to his cat ?

no idea Billy - but certainly not Iams - they're bad!:mad:
you can get vegicat food that is fortified with nutrients sufficient for cats - my big girl eats it sometimes. But cats require compounds/chemicals that are only sourced in meat, so cruel and inexcusable though it certainly is, I still feed my two girls meat.
interestingly, my friend had an old cat that would only eat wheetabix and cat milk - she went blind due to malnutrition.
...Dogs on the other hand are perfectly capable of being veggie.:thumb:

wehateiams.jpg

cats take over dog thread! yay! Nightingale is banned from dog thread.. boooo!

I feel like I owe my new dog some posting too
z7abr20101-1.jpg

(economic dog who plays with a shoe lace and half a rubber wheel)
Z29ago092-1.jpg

and like her owner (or guardian), wants to be taller.

A really good pic of my friend Lisa's dog Rocky. He has an amazing underbite :sweet: and a heart on his forehead. She rescued him from a shelter. I dogsat him a couple of times, super mellow and attentive.

24791_1397820071479_1411584676_1086093_1934885_n.jpg

I think I'm in love with Eye of the (sleepy) Tiger and Economic Dog.:love:

I think I'm in love with Eye of the (sleepy) Tiger and Economic Dog.:love:

Rocky plays dress up too. ;) If you're gentle, he'll use his boxing glove just right on you. :p

13968_181068761864_715081864_2938636_7710581_n.jpg

Rocky plays dress up too. ;) If you're gentle, he'll use his boxing glove just right on you. :p

:D To be honest, Rocky doesn't look much of a fighter. He's got teddy bear potential. It'd last only a playful round with me. Or my name's not Bulldozer. :)

[youtube]T5Ku0HL9ToA&feature=related[/youtube]

Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed played music for dogs concert at Sydney Opera House.

Recently got a puppy, pitbull/somethingorother. She is dubbed Cody (or assbutt) and she is awesome. Got her at 6 weeks in early May, she's 11 or something now. She was very tiny due to being away from the tit too soon and harboring protozoa, but she's quickly catching up.

May 21
CodyMay21.jpg

With Paulie. She loves him.

CodyMay212.jpg

Being a ham.

June 3
CodyJune3rd.jpg

She is becoming a moose. Didn't take it long for Paulie's paper shredding habit to rub off on her.

tl;dr my dog is better than yours

Recently got a puppy, pitbull/somethingorother. She is dubbed Cody (or assbutt) and she is awesome. Got her at 6 weeks in early May, she's 11 or something now. She was very tiny due to being away from the tit too soon and harboring protozoa, but she's quickly catching up.
She is truly gorgeous DJ. It's a shame she lost her mum so young in life...:tears: 6 weeks is mighty young! :eek:
sure you'll be a fab substitute.:thumb:

She is truly gorgeous DJ. It's a shame she lost her mum so young in life...:tears: 6 weeks is mighty young! :eek:
sure you'll be a fab substitute.:thumb:
6 weeks is far too young, I agree. Luckily, she did very well in the catching up department.
She will be a full blown moose in no time at all. WOOP WOOP!

Back
Top Bottom