An Englishman In New York

dogdayafternoon

I must say i had a really great time in nyc, the sights, empire building, statue of liberty, ground zero, central park, strawberry fields etc,
but the real reason was the moz gigs of course[fri/sat/sun],
some fellow englishman said on here in reply to all the pre gig talk
that to see a real energetic crowd come to the uk, i went there with an
open mind, so seeing morrissey about 20 times now[uk/europe],i can give
a honest opinion , the usa shows i attended seemed very quiet in comparision even when the shirts went out? very mixed age in the crowd
but i think thats a good thing plus a good ethnic mix also good ,
the comment i made abuot the crowd is not meant to be a put down
we all have the right to be ourselfs, ps, the sercurity going in was not
to bad i was exspecting worse.;)

I was shocked when I first went to see Moz in the States how tame the audiences were. Whether its a good or bad thing depends on your point of view, but the average UK audience is MUCH more violent/energetic. VERY different audiences, it took me a while to get used to the lack of shoving and crushing in American pits.

Yeah totally agree.Was at the the fri/sat/sun shows as well and was very surprised at the em....less energetic audience(untill the last song).Didn't have the football crowd atmosphere that most of the UK shows have.But everyone enjoyed themselves I'm sure.Every audience is different in their own way I suppose but Barrowlands it most certainly was not.

I'm from NY and had always gone to see the man when he came to town. A couple of years ago I was in Cork Ireland on vacation at the very same time the Moz show was in town.

What an amazing show, but the best part of it for me was definitely the crowd. I thought I was a huge fan until I met some people at a pub before hand. (One woman had a tattoo of a "Jesus fish" at least that's what we in the states would attribute it to, and she said it had some Moz related meaning that I still can't figure out.)

Anyway, experiencing a show in Europe was one of the best experiences of my life, next to hanging out with Boz, Alain and Gary Day in our hotel bar a few days later. Take that girl with the yet to be determined Jesus fish tattoo.

Back
Top Bottom