Morrissey Central "ANOTHER WORLD." (March 5, 2024)

Is it just me, or has this post now been removed from Central? Wonder why that would be :unsure:

Edit: I can see it again now. Either my browser, or something odd going on with Central. Maybe a new post is on the way.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or has this post now been removed from Central? Wonder why that would be :unsure:

Edit: I can see it again now. Either my browser, or something odd going on with Central. Maybe a new post is on the way.
It is their site.
Use:

The /page/1 addition to the URL bypasses the not showing the latest update issue.
FWD.

Another world aka a world where he was relevant, made good music and wasn't an unreliable c***.

Another Morrissey has cancelled. Surely his fate is to also be burned at the stake, and/or generally harangued at length by his 'fans'

Screenshot_20240309_001929_Chrome.jpg

Another Morrissey has cancelled. Surely his fate is to also be burned at the stake, and/or generally harangued at length by his 'fans'

View attachment 102353
Yes we can cancel this cock, never found him funny in the slightest, and when he was everywhere in the 90s and his name was mentioned on the tv my ears would prick up and i thought 'oh did i just hear someone mention Moz?' , but no, it was this guy.
Im not a fan of Amanda Holden but his remarks about her were cheap and nasty, which tells you all you need to know about him really.

Yes we can cancel this cock, never found him funny in the slightest, and when he was everywhere in the 90s and his name was mentioned on the tv my ears would prick up and i thought 'oh did i just hear someone mention Moz?' , but no, it was this guy.
Im not a fan of Amanda Holden but his remarks about her were cheap and nasty, which tells you all you need to know about him really.

Yes I would expect people who dislike him to feel this way. But I doubt his fans would turn on him.

Morrissey's remarks about certain people have also been cheap and nasty. Does that tell us all we need to know about him?

Morrissey's remarks about certain people have also been cheap and nasty. Does that tell us all we need to know about him?
Morrissey has said many things i do not support or agree with over the years, and i have no problem criticising him, i am not a blind Morrissey fan who agrees with him on everything, not at all.
I just think if you've had anal sex with someone and then you make that public, its a bit grubby, to say the least.

As mentioned earlier, the music does seem more diverse back then.

As Morrissey pointed out, ‘diversity’ in music these days doesn’t mean Avant Gard, it means promote and talk endlessly about superficial diversity including skin colour, and have everyone sound the same and have the same opinions.

I still remember when people talked about social class, before diversity people thought it was important that the cream rose to the top, and people from underprivileged backgrounds could succeed in these industries.
Now, it seems everyone in music and film has a different skin colour, but they are all well off and from the North of London parroting the same old drivel.

Up is down, left is right, men are women, women are men, speech is violence, violent protests are non-violent and conformity is diversity.

1984 GIF

Last edited:
As mentioned earlier, the music does seem more diverse back then.

As Morrissey pointed out, ‘diversity’ in music these days doesn’t mean Avant Gard, it means promote and talk endlessly about superficial diversity including skin colour, and have everyone sound the same and have the same opinions.

I still remember when people talked about social class, before diversity people thought it was important that the cream rose to the top, and people from underprivileged backgrounds could succeed in these industries.
Now, it seems everyone in music and film has a different skin colour, but they are all well off and from the North of London parroting the same old drivel.

Up is down, left is right, men are women, women are men, speech is violence, violent protests are non-violent and conformity is diversity.

1984 GIF
👍 'I'm a girl and you're a boyyyy, la la la la-la-la-la-la......'

Morrissey has said many things i do not support or agree with over the years, and i have no problem criticising him, i am not a blind Morrissey fan who agrees with him on everything, not at all.
I just think if you've had anal sex with someone and then you make that public, its a bit grubby, to say the least.

I'm not one to blindly defend Morrissey either.

However, what you said was that Neil Morrissey's comments about Amanda Holden tell us all we need to know about him. I'm saying they don't, just as Morrissey's comments about certain things and people don't tell us all we need to know about him.

There is more to people than what they say flippantly in the moment.

Neil has since expressed regret for his past comments and has extended his apologies. How many times have we seen Morrissey do that? Though again, such single actions do not provide a comprehensive summary of a person.

It just occurred to me that Morrissey stopped his show in Australia to complain about being referenced in a nostalgic way.... then goes on to post more nostalgic content of his own.

Like many of us, a complex soul.

It just occurred to me that Morrissey stopped his show in Australia to complain about being referenced in a nostalgic way.... then goes on to post more nostalgic content of his own.

Or SER posted it as evidence that his Uncle had a career once. And may even have one in the future.

Thats true, i think once youre described as a nostalgia act, that implies you have nothing to give of worth thats new or recent which probably riled him. But as i find new music does little for me these days, i like nostalgia more as i get older, thats life i suppose.

Thats true, i think once youre described as a nostalgia act, that implies you have nothing to give of worth thats new or recent which probably riled him. But as i find new music does little for me these days, i like nostalgia more as i get older, thats life i suppose.

Excerpt from an interview with SER July 2021:

SAM:

and on ‘Saint In A Stained Glass Window’ you are asking Jesus to let you die because you’ve had enough. Is that also how you feel?

M:

Well, since the death of my mother - which was so awful - I’ve been between two worlds, and unfortunately time only moves in one direction. We can’t go back.

SAM:

Your mother … my grandmother, died in 2020, and I know you suffered an emotional breakdown.

M:

Yes. Yes. It killed me. It was the first feeling of being alone… in the true sense of the word. It brings something that you cannot cope with … the final stage of growing up, perhaps. And apart from your own nervous breakdown you realize that there remains only one more important event in your life and that is your own death. When you give that unimaginable final hug, you also die. How can you not? I haven’t recovered, I’ve simply adjusted to the pain. It doesn’t get better.

SAM:

Can you be thankful for anything?

M:

No. When your mother dies it’s the point where the end of your own life begins. You won’t recover, you can’t recover, and you don’t recover. People who tell you time is a great healer are probably alcoholic. You can only adjust by becoming reconciled to an ongoing sadness. You must face life on your own, and that’s very difficult.

SAM:

But how fiercely does it hit someone such as yourself who, if you don’t mind me saying, is already so negatively disposed? How do you have any chance of pulling yourself together?

M:

Well, as you know, your grandmother had an almost incomprehensible strength and warmth and intelligence, and therefore, without her, everything is empty of meaning for me. I can’t meet one single day with an open mind. As I said somewhere recently, the human heart cannot be repaired, and once I accept that, I can go on, and I can stop looking for a brave front. When someone you love above all others dies you are certain that no more meaning can be left, and this is true. Death is a disgusting arrangement, and grief is a disgusting arrangement, and whoever thought it brought order and meaning to life is worse than useless. Life has too many burdens. Who is looking after us?

SAM:

Does this mean your faith has gone?

M:

It can’t because Catholicism takes an unshakable root. It’s not like collecting stamps. You might very well become atheist but the final words you utter will still be ‘dear God, please help me’… unless you’re Christopher Hitchens.

Last edited:
Excerpt from an interview with SER July 2021:

SAM:

and on ‘Saint In A Stained Glass Window’ you are asking Jesus to let you die because you’ve had enough. Is that also how you feel?

M:

Well, since the death of my mother - which was so awful - I’ve been between two worlds, and unfortunately time only moves in one direction. We can’t go back.

SAM:

Your mother … my grandmother, died in 2020, and I know you suffered an emotional breakdown.

M:

Yes. Yes. It killed me. It was the first feeling of being alone… in the true sense of the word. It brings something that you cannot cope with … the final stage of growing up, perhaps. And apart from your own nervous breakdown you realize that there remains only one more important event in your life and that is your own death. When you give that unimaginable final hug, you also die. How can you not? I haven’t recovered, I’ve simply adjusted to the pain. It doesn’t get better.

SAM:

Can you be thankful for anything?

M:

No. When your mother dies it’s the point where the end of your own life begins. You won’t recover, you can’t recover, and you don’t recover. People who tell you time is a great healer are probably alcoholic. You can only adjust by becoming reconciled to an ongoing sadness. You must face life on your own, and that’s very difficult.

SAM:

But how fiercely does it hit someone such as yourself who, if you don’t mind me saying, is already so negatively disposed? How do you have any chance of pulling yourself together?

M:

Well, as you know, your grandmother had an almost incomprehensible strength and warmth and intelligence, and therefore, without her, everything is empty of meaning for me. I can’t meet one single day with an open mind. As I said somewhere recently, the human heart cannot be repaired, and once I accept that, I can go on, and I can stop looking for a brave front. When someone you love above all others dies you are certain that no more meaning can be left, and this is true. Death is a disgusting arrangement, and grief is a disgusting arrangement, and whoever thought it brought order and meaning to life is worse than useless. Life has too many burdens. Who is looking after us?

SAM:

Does this mean your faith has gone?

M:

It can’t because Catholicism takes an unshakable root. It’s not like collecting stamps. You might very well become atheist but the final words you utter will still be ‘dear God, please help me’… unless you’re Christopher Hitchens.
'...unless you're Christopher Hitchens'. 🤣

Almost two weeks since this was posted. Anyone know what’s the longest between posts on Central? Feels like this could be a new record.

much longer than that

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom