Artist starves dog to death for "art," and he's been invited to do it again

This is a petition that has been going around the net to stop this supposed "artist," that tortures and murders dogs, for his art installation. Some of you guys have probably already seen this before, but if you haven't, please take a second and sign this petition to stop him because he has been invited back to do it again this year. Hopefully, this won't be allowed again, but if it were, I think something needs to be a bit more pro-active and walk in there and physically do something about it... Just a warning: THE PICTURES BELOW ARE DISTURBING.

In 2007, the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took
a dog from the street,
tied him to a rope in an art gallery, and starved
him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of
the exhibition have
watched emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based
on the dog's agony,
until eventually he died.

Does it look like art to you?

But this is not all... the prestigious Visual Arts
Biennial of the Central
American decided that the 'installation' was
actually art, so that
Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat
his cruel action for the
biennial of 2008.

PLEASE HELP STOP HIM.

sign the petetion to stop this asshole by going to
http://www.petitiononline.com/ea6gk/petition.html

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

What an absolute BASTARD. Maybe he himself should repeat the act. Would people come and watch dispassionately? What a bastard.

Peter

What kind of low life doesn't feed it? :mad: How can you walk by? :(

Well, unfortunately, I have been to Central and South America, and dogs are often looked at as vermin by a lot of people in some of the countries. Because there's often a lot of poverty in some of these places, people don't take dogs in to get neutered, and as a result they breed and breed and breed. Wild dogs seem like they outnumber the people on the streets in some of the cities I have been. Often, dogs aren't considered family or pets, as many of us in N. America/Europe/etc. do.

I don't really know why i need to be aware of this.What can anyone do about it?If it were here the RSPCA would do something.

there surely isn't anybody who would condone it......i am crying now as i adore dogs.:tears:

If the message the erm 'artist' wanted to convey was that many dogs are suffering like this every day, then I suppose it's excusable (maybe) but this is just disgusting.
Especially as he's willing to do it again.

In 2007, the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took
a dog from the street,
tied him to a rope in an art gallery, and starved
him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of
the exhibition have
watched emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based
on the dog's agony,
until eventually he died.

what the... ? :(

Thats not art, its crime. How can it be seen any other way?

There is no excuse for that- this is repulsive! The man belongs in a prison starving to death not in an art gallery! That is NOT art!:tears:

A friend of mine who is Muslim was telling me story the other day. There was a whore who had to climb down into a well to get water for herself. Once she got back up, she saw a dog who was dying of thirst. Even though it was difficult, she went back down again to get more water for the dog. Another woman was an upstanding woman in the community, gave lots of money to the mosque, did everything she was supposed to. But she had a cat she wanted to get rid of, so she locked it in a room without food or water until it was dead. The prostitute, despite all her sins, went to heaven, while the "good woman" went to hell because her one vile act negated all her good works.

I think this artist should top his previous "masterpiece." Instead of a dog, why not a human? I know just the man. (And no, it's not Conor McNicholas.)

A friend of mine who is Muslim was telling me story the other day. There was a whore who had to climb down into a well to get water for herself. Once she got back up, she saw a dog who was dying of thirst. Even though it was difficult, she went back down again to get more water for the dog. Another woman was an upstanding woman in the community, gave lots of money to the mosque, did everything she was supposed to. But she had a cat she wanted to get rid of, so she locked it in a room without food or water until it was dead. The prostitute, despite all her sins, went to heaven, while the "good woman" went to hell because her one vile act negated all her good works.

Why was the prostitute even alive? Wasn't she supposed to be stoned to death? Or is Christianity that recommends stoning? :confused: Was she stoned after she gave dog the water?

Why was the prostitute even alive? Wasn't she supposed to be stoned to death? Or is Christianity that recommends stoning? :confused: Was she stoned after she gave dog the water?

I think its meant to be a parable.

I think both have cases of stoning in their respective books.

Thou shalt not kill, unless they are a homosexual, a lesser woman, or a non-believer.

If the message the erm 'artist' wanted to convey was that many dogs are suffering like this every day, then I suppose it's excusable (maybe) but this is just disgusting.
Especially as he's willing to do it again.

Well, there are many other ways that an artist can coney a point without being barbaric and cruel. A stunt like this loses all credibility for him as far as I am concerned.

ugh...
disgusting.
I can't...even put into words how utterly disgusted I am right now...

I signed, and I even got my dad to sign.

Even HE (who thinks I'm crazy for going vegatarien) sees this is barbaric. Animal cruelty is just...ugh.
This is not an artist, this is a sociopath. He needs help, he does not need to be urged on.

Sweet Jesus -

My misanthropic impulses are always reinforced by things like this.

I think we have finally surpassed bear-baiting, dog-fighting and similar spectator sports - at least those were resonably quick, and it was the action that attracted people. Watching a helpless animal slowly starve to death is the most strangely numbing, cruel and inhumane thing I have heard about in a long time.

Thanks for reminding me that the Dark Ages never really ended, we just had a brief intermission.

:tears: :tears:

Back
Top Bottom