"Ask" live video used to promote "Rank"

I have never seen this. It might have been on here before, but it is new to me. I didn't know that they made a promo live video to promote the "Rank" album.

Quotes from the information.

"This video of "Ask" (live) was used as promotion for the "Rank" album. The Footage is from the "The Queen Is Dead" tour - while Craig Gannon was with the Smiths".

(Morrissey, On Pop Promos) ..........
~ "I have never liked it... I never like any videos & I just feel that if The Smiths could just slide along,,, or had just slid along without ever touching this world, I would have felt incredibly proud.... But I suppose, to the glazed eye, that hasn't happened..... Something precious has been lost and I don't think it was worth losing it, to be quite honest."

Update Feb. 18, 11 am PT:

winemouth;1986625168 said:
FYI, I uploaded the original video a year ago (the one linked above is just a rehash of it). It comes from a Warners promo VHS (circa '92) containing most of the The Smiths official promo vids. I have the rarely seen promo video for Shoplifters to upload if anyone is interested?

www.youtube.com/winemouth

Last edited by a moderator:
How about that opening clip of TCM? Is there a video of that performance in it's entirety? That looks 10 times more interesting to me. Anyone have a link? Please!!

I'm a bit surprised you haven't seen it before because if you search for The Smiths Ask on youtube it shows up as the 7th result and was first posted........three years ago

I'm a bit surprised you haven't seen it before because if you search for The Smiths Ask on youtube it shows up as the 7th result and was first posted........three years ago

The TCM, This Charming Man video in the intro is what I'm talking about. Is there a copy of that in it's entirety? THAT would be fantastic!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom