Aylesbury - Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (July 23, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Our Frank / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Without Music The World Dies / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden

Last edited:
I came all the way from Germany again (last time i saw him at Hammersmith) to see him at the Troxy and Aylesbury. I' m running out of health, spent alot of money, had alot of trouble during the journey and his Performances was 1 h 15 min. Including, that he complained about the stupid, provinziale Aylesbury- Newspaper and that he will write them and what so ever. Of cause, he was/is right (as usually) about this unrespectabel peoples/ newspaper, but ... i really wish for him, that he would spent his energy on his fans (like me), who came from all over the world only to see him, instead complaining on unimportant things like this. I'm sorry for my Englisch, but i'am so disapointed and sad, that he spent energy on this shit, instead saving the energy for himself, the peoples he love and for his fans. :-(

I came all the way from Germany again (last time i saw him at Hammersmith) to see him at the Troxy and Aylesbury. I' m running out of health, spent alot of money, had alot of trouble during the journey and his Performances was 1 h 15 min. Including, that he complained about the stupid, provinziale Aylesbury- Newspaper and that he will write them and what so ever. Of cause, he was/is right (as usually) about this unrespectabel peoples/ newspaper, but ... i really wish for him, that he would spent his energy on his fans (like me), who came from all over the world only to see him, instead complaining on unimportant things like this. I'm sorry for my Englisch, but i'am so disapointed and sad, that he spent energy on this shit, instead saving the energy for himself, the peoples he love and for his fans. :-(
*cyber hug* Hope your health improves and the next concert will bring you joy.

Thank you for sharing. I understand this, with travel and disabilities issues (although I did not travel from overseas) so I can sympathise. I hope when you look back at the two gigs there are some happy memories too.

Well, you are lucky he showed up for the show. Morrissey’s shows are for himself, not his audience, unfortunately. Witness the lame efforts he makes with his lyrics, changing them, making jokes when they held so much meaning for people. When you realize he is a narcissist and the audience is there for his amusement, not the other way around, you will finally get him.

This is what i like about this site when he is on tour Marred, all the other bullshit is left aside, the reason why most of us come here is our shared love of Morrissey, and when you're in the room with him its magic, which is all we want, and a new album.
Im still buzzing 2 nights after seeing him
Or even two albums would be nice ;)

Well, you are lucky he showed up for the show. Morrissey’s shows are for himself, not his audience, unfortunately. Witness the lame efforts he makes with his lyrics, changing them, making jokes when they held so much meaning for people. When you realize he is a narcissist and the audience is there for his amusement, not the other way around, you will finally get him.
What an insight!

I saw them twice, it was actually 3 times but in Preston the gig was cancelled when some arse threw a coin at Morrissey. Did you thing they were better once Gannon joined, personally i did as he really beefed up the sound.
I saw them August '86 in Detroit and it still stands as the greatest concert I've ever seen and YES Craig Gannon took them to another level, they needed that second guitar and he looked so damn cool too. Morrissey was otherworldly and peerless in 1986.

Last edited:
He loves himself above all others.
It's me, me, me.
Everything has to be all about him.
Horror of a man.

*cyber hug* Hope your health improves and the next concert will bring you joy.
He was making the point that the newspaper (and in UK all all newspapers are universally awful!) referred to him as a ‘controversial 80s star’. It was entirely in context and took a few seconds to say. He was engaging with the audience throughout the show, especially when he stopped JTR to help Juli. I wish you well but it’s like you were at a different show?!

He was making the point that the newspaper (and in UK all all newspapers are universally awful!) referred to him as a ‘controversial 80s star’. It was entirely in context and took a few seconds to say. He was engaging with the audience throughout the show, especially when he stopped JTR to help Juli. I wish you well but it’s like you were at a different show?!
Julie in the Weeds

Yeah, it seemed like a relatively light-heated gag (didn't he call the paper The Aylesbury Strangler, or something?), and not something to take particularly seriously or ruin your gig.

Spot on :thumb:

Benny 🇬🇧:knife:

1690348580945.jpg
1690348573234.jpg

New band member autographs.
FWD.

How big was the audience for this gig? It was sold out, and the venue was tiny, so hardly over 2000, or am I wrong?

Petter Richardson of Preston Bissett apparently. I’m certain, as are others, that Morrissey said Peter Robinson - so perhaps he was given the wrong name or slipped up.
Hi, Peter is my Dad. We were meant to make it on the night but he was too ill to go. If anyone has a video or audio recording of the tribute I'd be most grateful

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom