Best Album?

Danielledelu

girl least likely to
What would you say is the best Morrissey album and why?

I would say Viva Hate.. because although I love every album.. Viva Hate was the first of his Solo career and I thought it was wonderful and it really struck home. I loved it and I can't go a day without listening to it on the record player.

I know what you mean about Your Arsenal and yeah a lot of people I know love Bona Drag as do I but even if it wasent a compolation I would prolly stillpick Viva Hate

Southpaw Grammar.

Because it's very loud, very different, and very good.

To be honest, part of me really wants to say Southpaw Grammar. I really have a pure love for that album. Unfortunately there are a couple of songs which I really don't enjoy on there, which really scratches the face of it. So I'd probably say Vauxhall And I, just love listening to it on the train and places.

Well, another thread with this subject, why not? We can talk about this for an eternity so it always works.

Would say that Vauxhall & I is the best in every way, lyricswise and musivwise, but Your Arsenal works best as an album. EVery song fits togetrher like a piece. Viva Hate is the most Smith-like and have some adorable fresh songs but it feels like he's not enterily on his own legs tough. Three superiour albums anyway.

Southpaw Grammar is a terribly missunderstood album and therefor get's a lot of sympathy from me and songs like "Southpaw", "The Operation", "The Teachers Are..." and "Reader Meet Author" are classics. Just too bad that I despise "The Boy Racer". This album is better then both YATQ and ROTT.

Well, 'Your Arsenal' took me forever to get my head round, but it is without a doubt, my fave. Until recently, I would have said 'YATQ 'as my second fave, I really have an obsession with that album, but I have listened to 'Kill Uncle' 5 or 6 times in the last couple of weeks, and I'd forgotten how good it sounds.

Your Arsenal, Vauxhall and I, Southpaw Grammer have been my favorites. I put Viva Hate and Kill Uncle last even though they are good albums, but I think Viva Hate declines badly in the end and Kill Uncle never goes anywhere. I really love the singles for all of his albums though.

Moz needs to release another Your Arsenal or Southpaw Grammer to really shock the music world. Imagine if Southpaw Grammer had good promotion and was released today! Kick ass!!!

Your Arsenal

There isn't a single track on there that I don't think deserves to be there. It's absolute class from start to end

I don't care what you lot consider to be a 'proper' album :p Bona Drag is brilliant. So is YATQ. And ROTT.

Bona drag is brilliant but it is not an album. It has older singles and b-sides so it is not an album and it never will be! Why don't you people say it his best compilation of work or something like that? Just because it is really really really good doesn't make it an official f***ing album.

Bona drag is brilliant but it is not an album. It has older singles and b-sides so it is not an album and it never will be! Why don't you people say it his best compilation of work or something like that?

Because I am not a fooking pedant!

ooh, good question!

my immediate reaction was viva hate, but then arsenal came into mind then vauxhall.....its too hard!

Vauxhall and I, very, very closely followed by Viva Hate.

I think the songs on Viva Hate are some of the best material he's ever produced, and I guess since it was his first record post-Smiths it has very mournful lyrics etc. which I like very much. Vauxhall also features some very poignant songs (Now My Heart Is Full, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself for example) so it's a very difficult choice to make.

Vauxhall and I, very, very closely followed by Viva Hate.

I think the songs on Viva Hate are some of the best material he's ever produced, and I guess since it was his first record post-Smiths it has very mournful lyrics etc. which I like very much. Vauxhall also features some very poignant songs (Now My Heart Is Full, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself for example) so it's a very difficult choice to make.

Exactly my opinion.

Vauxhall, Viva Hate and Bona Drag are the holy trinity of Moz albums. They are the only ones that stand up to The Smiths easily, too.

Interesting that no one has said Ringleader, yet.

Mine is Southpaw Grammar. I just love that record and never tire of it. Such amazing energy.

Back
Top Bottom