Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
Lmao, mad? I don't get mad with randomers on the net, but amusing how that's the only response you could manage. No addressing of anything else. If words fail you I guess resort to gaslighting, huh?

I have tickets to a plethora of upcoming shows and as I stated earlier in this thread I am actually looking to offload them to attend other gigs instead, so it's the exact opposite of mad because I wasn't there or because you asked that. I don't want to be there, sadly. Not with someone who looks like he cannot even manage a half arsed "performance".

I've just read plenty comments you've written here and realised how far from reality and objectivity you are. Especially the comment about not being a bigot but nothing being wrong with disliking Islam. You sound idiotic.
Someone spouting bitter crap hardly deserves more of an answer.

Bet you think you're "objective" and that your angry ramblings qualify as some kind of argument...

Their aesthetic was one of a slight cool nerdiness, with clothes that looked like they were from charity shops, alongside the singer's wearing of free, bog-standard NHS prescription glasses. While other, bigger pop groups of the era embraced the slick image of 1980s capitalism and the selfish, money centric individualism of Thatcherism, with lyrical themes to go along with it and played huge stadium tours, The Smiths looked the way they did, while singing about average working class life and lives, playing at more "common" venues, and being associated with movements like Red Wedge.
That could be called a working class aesthetic, rather than a left wing aesthetic imo. Not necessarily the same thing at all (especially nowadays?). Though I guess at the time and place, along with things they said and their association with movements like Red Wedge, as you said, caused them to have a predominantly left wing fandom.

Morrissey went onto write explicitly anti-right wing songs (Margaret), with his previous output being slightly more implied, and the video for Interesting Drug even has the words "there are some bad people on the right" written on walls by boys wearing ladies' high heels and make up, who later put up animal rights posters in the same video, all of which are quite obvious political statements.
Yeah, agree.
I do think things like animal rights (and feminism etc) are not "left wing" positions, even if they're generally supported there more.

Great quality audio/video recording :thumb:

Great backing vocals :hearteyes:

Stage entrance and Suedehead

🇮🇪 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Last edited:
Please let me let me let me & :rat:

Back
Top Bottom