Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
Given that the new band had to learn all the songs from scratch, surely it would have been a good time to refresh the setlist???

In 6 day's time I'm looking forward to seeing the same set as 3 months ago... :(

I’m not exactly the world’s biggest optimist, but to be fair, the band had to learn up dozens and dozens of songs prior to the last couple of tours starting in Vegas. Give the new players some time and maybe M will feel more comfortable playing different stuff assuming they will be required to do the same. I’m sure they’re more than capable, given time.

That said, I think most of us guessed it likely wasn’t going to be a greatest hits tour (at least to start) and it was only advertised in such a purposely vague way in order to sell tix. Moz is a creature of habit and it will likely take him time to be ok with the prospects. “Don’t lose faith…”
Not sure. The band sounds, eh. The set is, eh. Looks like no energy on stage. Was hoping for more from the new musicians. Then again, I had gotten used to Alain and Gustav. Dare I say, they should come back? Dneuer...whats say you?

Wow, what a garbage set! I hope the locals enjoyed it, but imagine traveling for this? Is this what "40 Years of Morrissey" amounts to? How lazy, what a bore fest.

The Cure are out there playing 3 hour shows, filled with deep cuts and crowd pleasers, Morrissey can barely squeeze out 80 minutes of his tired, snooze fest of a set. Stick a fork in him already.
well go and see the cure then,who wants to sit through an arse numbing three hour set by anybody,springsteen 4 hours,geez peace,next thing will be rickshaw astley doing 5 hours of the smiths.

Last edited:
Not sure. The band sounds, eh. The set is, eh. Looks like no energy on stage. Was hoping for more from the new musicians. Then again, I had gotten used to Alain and Gustav. Dare I say, they should come back? Dneuer...whats say you?
nothing like throwing the new lassies under the bus after one show.

Aside from the subject matter and the pushing of a conspiracy theory, they are just awful, awful lyrics.

I have no idea what he's looking to achieve anymore, the lyrics to this song play right into the hands of his detractors.

well go and see the cure then,who wants to sit through an arse numbing three hour set by anybody,springsteen 4 hours,geez peace,next thing will be rickshaw astley doing 5hours of the smiths.

Seen the Cure, last December. Best gig I've ever been too, and excellent value for money at £60 a ticket for a 2 and half hour setlist of all the hits, with a few of their new songs. Wonderful.

Aside from the subject matter and the pushing of a conspiracy theory, they are just awful, awful lyrics.
He’s done as a lyricist. This is just more of the lazy, repetitive, anti-poetic tinfoil hat-gibberish and conspiracy theory ramblings we never wanted or needed in the first place. Can’t believe this is the guy that wrote NMHIF, Maladjusted or The Never-Played Symphonies. This is why can’t get a record deal.

Christ, Moz, you don’t make it easy to defend you do you? I find it utterly perplexing how you can write such beautiful, heartfelt songs like Oblivion and Saint in one breath and then Alex Jones-style shite like this in the next. This is really, really dire, peddling useless conspiracies should be beneath you. I still don’t believe you’re racist or many of the labels people throw at you, but you make it so difficult for yourself playing weak, tuneless, and lazy crap like this. I hope these setlists turn around soon, with the excising of certain songs, to make way for something more representative of the essence of Moz; not whatever this is.

Rant over

He’s done as a lyricist. This is just more of the lazy, repetitive, anti-poetic tinfoil hat-gibberish and conspiracy theory ramblings we never wanted or needed in the first place. Can’t believe this is the guy that wrote NMHIF, Maladjusted or The Never-Played Symphonies. This is why can’t get a record deal.
Yeah, I was saying the same a while ago, after I got around to listening to Dog. Repetitive lyrics, which seem lazily put together to fill in the music he's been given.

Hmm, yeah, the lyrics are really bad. Is that all we are getting these days? Moz repeating some lines than looking at his backdrop than singing the same old lines again? Lyrically he seems stuck and uninspired if you just look at the new songs :( I liked the melody though but the lyrics are just crap. Probably his worst.

Last edited:
Seen the Cure, last December. Best gig I've ever been too, and excellent value for money at £60 a ticket for a 2 and half hour setlist of all the hits, with a few of their new songs. Wonderful.
Several deep cuts as well, I would imagine. And their new stuff is in all honesty among their best ever stuff.

I think we have a new contender for worst ever morrissey song.
Sad but true and he is wondering why record companies are not knocking on his front door on a daily basis. Can't believe he chooses those words to built up the next conspiracy theory. My God, something has horribly gone wrong.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom