"Blue Dreamers Eyes" - lost studio track posted on YouTube (via SER)

On further listens I think it's a really enjoyable track. That opening verse and melody are classic Moz, and I dig his voice on the vocal coda.

Great video as well.

Lyrically it's not his best but it's pretty good. Production wise it sounds like Julie in the weeds, which makes me think it was left off WPINOYB.

Aw yeah. Had to go ahead and throw this one on rotation.
Moz did his thing with the lyrical twists and melodies.
Boz did his thing with the lushness and strummin'.
Sam E. did his thing capturing the video and then editing the heck out of it.
Here's to ye all!

Hmm the very pointed title ("blue" and "eyes"), the reference to "scum", the blurring of "Muslin/Muslim" ...am I right in thinking that this song is actually about UncleSkinny?

Perhaps Peter has finally got his wish - maybe he will f*** off now?

Did you forget your medication when you posted that? You should ignore the label and take as many as you like.
Alright. Two Valium pills and I'm ready to be rational.
I'm just a bit irked that you seem to have this fixed idea about someone whom you (most likely) don't know personally. Then new data comes in and you reject it, rather than letting it influence and change your idea.

It feels half-finished, but this is the vintage Moz sound. It's like a mash of four or five previous songs; in places it reminds me of You Know I Couldn't Last, as well as parts of I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, Nobody Loves Us, etc.

It runs out of puff after the first verse and the melody is all over the place, but I love the vocal line on "I failed, and failed, jumped up again and faaaa-iii-iiiled again".

This song takes me years back to a place when I felt so differently about being a fan. If it's intended to be an antidote to the current shitshow, it's a good one.

Listened to it about 5 times, I like it, and in some ways an explanation of recent events, but it was recorded before the events, lol, any coincidence?. Anyway, Morrissey is not a convicted criminal, yet I know ex-convicts who think Morrissey is out of order? Is a man with no criminal convictions not allowed to say what he wants to?

This song is the type of song that made me fall in love with Moz all those years ago. Warm, heartfelt, melancholic and personal. And the melody is his best in god knows how long. And the chorus... Brilliant. I can’t believe why he wouldn’t put this song on an album. Same with Forgive Someone and the most of the other bonus tracks on WPINOYB.

I thought it was decent, more pleasant than the last 'lost' track. I agree that it feels half-finished though. There's a lovely song there somewhere, but it needs some work. For me, it starts well enough then sort of loses its way half way through. The lyrics could also do with a redraft. I say this as if he'll ever go back to it...

At 3 06 is it poor Damian carrying those, excuse my English “ bloody “ Black bags again, what the hell do they contain, the red button, Trumps fake news , the Brexit deal, Putins eye in the sky, they seem to go everywhere, what is in them.....

At 3 06 is it poor Damian carrying those, excuse my English “ bloody “ Black bags again, what the hell do they contain, the red button, Trumps fake news , the Brexit deal, Putins eye in the sky, they seem to go everywhere, what is in them.....
S9dFoqx.png

Listened to it about 5 times, I like it, and in some ways an explanation of recent events, but it was recorded before the events, lol, any coincidence?. Anyway, Morrissey is not a convicted criminal, yet I know ex-convicts who think Morrissey is out of order? Is a man with no criminal convictions not allowed to say what he wants to?

This is a common misconception:

Freedom of speech does not mean no-one is allowed to criticise what you say.
Freedom of speech means everyone is allowed to criticise what you say.

Back
Top Bottom