"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" release (Jan. 10, 2020); album sleeve revealed?

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

UPDATE Jan. 10:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey drops duet with Motown star Thelma Houston - The List

Excerpt:

Morrissey recruited Grammy-winning Motown star Thelma Houston for the epic duet, who said: "One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists.

"I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they're doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

"I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I'm singing really works on 'Bobby'.

"And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

The 'Mute Witness' singer's long-time producer, Joe Chicarelli, has teased that the upcoming LP, which is released via BMG on March 20, is "the boldest and most adventurous" record ever recorded by Morrissey.

He added: "I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey.

"This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet.

"He has pushed the boundaries yet again – both musically and lyrically.

"And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but ... Morrissey!"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved it. The most eighties sounding pop I’ve ever heard from him in the retrospective sense of the term. It’s neat to see him do this type of thing as a few years ago idve sworn it would never happen. The piano sounds nice mixed in there. I like the way it stacks

This is Moz's "Black Tie White Noize" period....slightly contemporary but not esp affecting.
Don’t you think that this will grow on you or not? I think it could be for a lot of folk... hopefully a major radio station picks up on this

Your remarks are not exactly bursting with enthusiasm. But I'm glad you have time to criticize me. I'm sure that's important to you.

MORRISSEY is light years away from the form that once made him an adorable singer. Apparently he wants to land in the USA with this more modern sound and appeal to a younger audience. Add to that the folklore with old school saxophone and organ and it doesn't fit for me and there is no mystery or sparkle. Very American, very flat and not very filigran.

Unfortunately, Morissey's voice also sounds old and breathless, which underlines the production of Chicarelli very well.

I am surprised, that in this context I have to read Roger Manning Jr. as an "accomplice" again and again. While his work with Jellyfish in the early 90s was groundbreaking, retro and at the same time innovative, his instrumentation for Morrissey has mostly seemed like foreign bodies for a few years now.

But what am I explaining here. Morrisey's "new" fanbase celebrates the single as a catchy tune. To everyone the hardcore fans, he deserves.

Ok Boomer

Someone for the love of all that is holy, step in and edit these songs. TOO long ... an alright tune that outstayed its' welcome.

on first listen, I do not dislike it, it has its merits. it's dynamic, and bodes well for the rest of the album being musically and lyrically deeper than the last.

One person still claims it is working for them. Might just be working in Australia for reasons I am struggling to think of since it is 'not available' rather than 'blocked in your country'.
is really simple to watch the video using a VPN and easier using OPERA browser(has a VPN function) and select ASIA as the fake location.
The song is nice.

though my favorite artist and will always love him.....I do not like this song at all, I dont like her style of singing , complete turn off.....musically sounds like my old 1997 yamaha keyboard pre-arranged backing tracks.....lyrics are bad ......sorry....my two cents

I like this cos it's so godawful.

I reckon it's about Bobby Ball.
Now it’s been established what the lyrics are about, I wondered which, if any famous bobby they are singing about??? Obviously some bobby with an addiction... bobby Kennedy perhaps, or bobby wormack ???

I don't wish to sound like a sychophant, but I really think this could make top 3 on the UK vinyl singles chart.

I must admit though, after hearing this, I am now somewhat intrigued to hear how "Jim Jim Goes Down" will come across....

Please, please, please, don't let that be the album cover.

You know, it would be cool if Morrissey used Morrissey Central to get fans to create the cover for I'm Not A Dog On A Chain. The winner would also get a credit on the album. How f***ing cool would that be?
excelente idea y que Moz regale entradas y estadia si hay giraaajajaa no tengo plata

ACABO DE ESCUCHARLO ME GUSTO,EL EXCELENTE VOZ IGUAL Q ELLA MUCHO SENTIMIENTO CUANDO HACEN DUO,EL SAXO OCHENTOSO, UN POCO CORTO EL SOLO PERO BIEN,EL ORGANO ME HIZO ACORDAR A DEEP PURPLE AMO A JOHN LORD ,PEROO ESTA LEJOS DE UN SUPER TECLADISTA COMO LORD...AMO EL ORGANO PERO ESTE TANTO NO ME GUSTO ,LA CANCION ES LINDA PARECE UNA MEZCLA DE ESTILOS, ,VI LA TRADUCCION EN EL HILO,PERO PARA SER HONESTA ES MUY SIMPLE Y NO SE ENTIENDE QUE HISTORIA QUISO CONTAR, SI ES SOBRE LAS DROGAS ME PARECE SUPERFICIAL, ESPERABA UNA LETRA MAS PROFUNDA ,QUE MORRISSEY HUBIERA ESCRITO,EL PUEDE HACER LETRAS MAS INTENSAS,DEFINITIVAMENTE LO MEJOR DEL TEMA SON LAS INTERPRETACIONES DE LOS DOSS ,EL TEMA tiene muchos instrumentos ,falta mas guitarra,ES LA LETRA LO QUE NO ME CIERRA ,SI TUVIERA QUE CALIFICAR PONDRIA LA SIGUIENTE PUNTUACION : POR LA CANCION =7. POR LAS VOCES 10,POR LA MELODIA 7,POR LA LETRA 4....A NO SER QUE ALGUIEN ME LA EXPLIQUE Y LA HISTORIA SEA PROFUNDA,TAL VEZ LE SUBIRIA ALGO,SI MOZ COMPARTE LA LETRA CON OTRO ,ES PROBABLE QUE NO LO ESTE BENEFICIANDO MOZ SOLOO!!!!!, POR FAVOR, PERO QUIERO A MOZZZ Y LO FELICITO ME GUSTO EN GENERAL MOZUCHISS TE ADMIRO MAL COMO SIEMPREE VIVA MORRISSEY Y DOÑA THELMA TAMBIENN !!MOZZ VIVA !!VIVA GENIO INDISCUTIDOOOOO!!!!! MI MOZUCHISS NO ME DFRAUDOOO!!!! FUI HONESTA LA LETRA FLOJITA,PERO EL SOBERVIOOO

Yeah her vocals are awful.
I disagree. This should have been exclusively her song as his deep voice doesn’t match the poppy melody very well . On top of that, it’s just too long, under 3 minutes would’ve been plenty but what bothers me the most is the chaotic cacophony that involves the sax and the god awful psychedelic synthesizer. Hearing this, I don’t have high hopes for the album.

PARECERIA QUE LA LETRA SE TRATA DE UN TIPO QUE ESTA PERDIDO CON LAS DROGAS PERO QUE CANTA BIEN,DEFINITIVAMENTE NO ES JOHNY MARR,AUNQUE A EL LO ADMIRO ,NO HAY NADA MEJOR QUE MI MOZUCHISSS VIVA MORRISSEY

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom