Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
So true. You know when you read a story on Moz solo from 5 or 10 years ago and you wonder where have all the long term regular Moz Solo users disappeared to since then, never to grace us with their often funny and rarely spiteful insights. There are too many to mention.

Re: the long term regular Moz Solo users. They're probably pushing up daisies, or listening to drill or grime music in their care homes. I know I am: I love a bit of Skengdo.

It would be a blessing in disguise if he had to record it again with a different producer because Watt has rendered it unlistenable if it sounds anything like RWA.

You people are too sensitive. RWA is brilliant and that teeny tiny bit of autotune or whatever it is that makes your puritan ears burn can change that. Get over it.

You people are too sensitive. RWA is brilliant and that teeny tiny bit of autotune or whatever it is that makes your puritan ears burn can change that. Get over it.
Nope, normally I'm not that peculiar with things like this, but in the published (Demo?-)recording it's so bad that it's involuntarily funny. And the song itself is good, so when I hear that autotuned Robo-mess, although only a few seconds long, I aleways have to laugh about it, because its so cringey. But I'm not a fan of the other work of AW either, to me he destroys the purity of the original voice for which we liked the artists in the first place, don't need an autotuned Ozzy.

Someone did that here some months ago ! God bless that person!
"
'CAPITOL PUNISHMENT' has been recorded in England. The 11-track album has been described by Boz Boorer as "Absolute Pony."

This is the 17th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

Get Off My Lawn
The Lowest Bidder
Career's Down The Kermit
It's Never My Fault
Central Sam

My Name Is R. Swipe
Keenly Priced For A Quick Sale
Secure Mother
Fiona Did Well
Diversity Is Me
No-One Remembers Julia Now

1 and 2 co-written with Johnny Marr
3, 7, 6, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Miley Cyrus
9, 11 written by Fiona Dodwell
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at Hooputthekuntin, Scunthorpe, England
Jesse Tobias bavarian cheese whistle
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums
Vince Clarke (Yazoo) kazoo

If any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Damien Alacante at Beechmount. "

If you cannot hear what is wrong with it you definitely need a hearing check. It's not a "teeny tiny bit". It's dire. As far as I'm concerned, he's spoiled a perfectly great track. And against Ozzy autotune is another travesty. It sounds simply ridiculous.

The autotune part is literal dogwater, it's cringey and sounds like an actual parody. AW does an amazing job at ruining every song.

The only thing anyone is interested in is the "controversy" & that's pretty old now.
Moz is 'controversy'. Goes all the way back to some of the lyrics of the first Smiths album, and more so, the second album, Meat is Murder. He lives for such situationist moments. He's a punk. It's in his DNA.

I still care enough to check online about him from time to time but I don't give a damn about BOT or WMTWD. We've all heard most of the songs anyhow. Being into The Smiths and Morrissey is a bit like having Hepatitis; you can get through it but it will never completely leave you 100%.
Age has taught me to be less snooty about music. I've just heard Status Quo's Something About You Baby I Like for the first time in years and it struck me as wholly enjoyable. Super melodic and catchy, let's be honest it pisses all over Marr's solo stuff and indeed anything that Moz and JM have championed in the past, from Patti Smith and Sandie Shaw to Iggy Pop and the New York Dolls.
Seriously people, stop giving a toss about Morrissey and Marr and listen to the Quo.
They're just as valid as any other group out there.
Glad to see some love for Quo. Brilliant band, considering seeing them at Halifax as it’s difficult to catch them at a standing gig these days. And I tend to end up in a kerfuffle, at Quo gigs, as I literally am the last man standing.

Glad to see some love for Quo. Brilliant band, considering seeing them at Halifax as it’s difficult to catch them at a standing gig these days. And I tend to end up in a kerfuffle, at Quo gigs, as I literally am the last man standing.
Seen them a few times, my Dad is a huge fan. I first got to see them during the "End of the Road" tour. We thought that was them bowing out but still they continue.

If you cannot hear what is wrong with it you definitely need a hearing check. It's not a "teeny tiny bit". It's dire. As far as I'm concerned, he's spoiled a perfectly great track. And against Ozzy autotune is another travesty. It sounds simply ridiculous.
Nope, you’re probably just too delicate. Autotune IS horrible, but RWA is fine. Get over it.

Moz is 'controversy'. Goes all the way back to some of the lyrics of the first Smiths album, and more so, the second album, Meat is Murder. He lives for such situationist moments. He's a punk. It's in his DNA.

The "new punk" marketing isn't going to survive Liz Truss.

It's so pu.... no it's a bunch of Tories hoping the public will be so busy with "the culture wars" they won't complain about low pay, unaffordable housing & crumbling public services & infrastructure.

Someone did that here some months ago ! God bless that person!
"
'CAPITOL PUNISHMENT' has been recorded in England. The 11-track album has been described by Boz Boorer as "Absolute Pony."

This is the 17th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

Get Off My Lawn
The Lowest Bidder
Career's Down The Kermit
It's Never My Fault
Central Sam

My Name Is R. Swipe
Keenly Priced For A Quick Sale
Secure Mother
Fiona Did Well
Diversity Is Me
No-One Remembers Julia Now

1 and 2 co-written with Johnny Marr
3, 7, 6, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Miley Cyrus
9, 11 written by Fiona Dodwell
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at Hooputthekuntin, Scunthorpe, England
Jesse Tobias bavarian cheese whistle
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums
Vince Clarke (Yazoo) kazoo

If any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Damien Alacante at Beechmount. "
I just listen to "Central Sam". It's a brilliant and uplifting tune:

Central Sam, you did all you can
And now she‘s gone and you’re
busy and nosy but also cosy like you should
O HAHA OHAHA OHHHH LALALALALALALA

Like I said, there are good parts to this place, which I'm here for. :) I can handle the toxicity, it's Morrissey I'm worried about. (I try not to worry for him since I don't know him personally.. I'm just a fan with empathy.)
Oh, he just doesn't care about us, positive or negative views.

Don't worry, because he certainly doesn't.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom