Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Could this be the moment to hand over the musical directory back to Alain, who brings in the guys, who played even the new songs like the old Moz gang in Ireland? Johnny Marr is no realistic option. Hell will not freeze over!
Seeing Alain, Spencer, Gary and Craig in Belfast was such a treat, especially playing UA tunes like 'Certain People'. No reunion of that sort could ever happen now - BB saw the bigger picture and bowed out with grace. Nothing wrong with the current band, they were great in Dublin/London last year, no complaints.

I feel real empathy for fans who have spent their hard earned cash on tickets, flights, hotels ECT, but Morrissey in a large Arena is now something of the past.
These shows were never ever going to sell out.
Mozz… you are a disgrace to your life long fans. You show us no respect whatsoever.

Just go back and work in the tax office,
That way you can piss even more people off
at the same time.

I can now see that the next bunch of people
That will also be pissed off, is his current band.
I’ll give it a few months until Morrissey has no band members left whatsoever, they seem like real genuine people, but how much more can they possibly take?

anybody who has been coming here for a very long time will remember the black curtains being drawn at venues to hide the empty sections,he has always had shows which werent sold out.

Perth was sold out months in advance, he was already over there, and still he cancelled.

I think it’s safe to assume cancellations aren’t always due to poor sales.

Seeing Alain, Spencer, Gary and Craig in Belfast was such a treat, especially playing UA tunes like 'Certain People'. No reunion of that sort could ever happen now - BB saw the bigger picture and bowed out with grace. Nothing wrong with the current band, they were great in Dublin/London last year, no complaints.
Except none of them can sing.

Morrissey needs Marr right now.
And tbh Marr needs Morrissey. He's hardly setting the world alight.

"Morrissey & Marr" needs to be a thing for both their sakes. Bury the hatchet. Write new music together. Play shows together which are part duo - just Moz with Marr on electric guitar - and the other set a full band....

Including Craig Gannon, Alain, Andrew Paresi/Mike and someone who can play Andy's bass lines.

Morrissey needs to ditch his new band and have a complete rethink. It's time for olive branches... Or both of them risk fading away.
Thet would be great, don’t think Boz would return but Craig Gannon would be a good replacemen

When you’ve rehearsed for weeks and then someone pulls the plug the night before you are due to perform, I struggle to see how there is a silver lining.

They learned some songs that they can still do if he chooses, and they get and I assume got paid to learn rehearse the songs.

For a musician, that’s not such a bad life.

With the rate of cancellations due to (not so) unforeseen circumstances he either is a massive narcissistic asshole or, and this is what I'm slowly beginning to think now, he really is ill, but not like Dengue. I just can't wrap my head around his behaviour, it's becoming really erratic. Seriously what is he doing, on the one hand whining about his career on the other completely destroying every little piece of it that is left. That's not artistic expression or something anymore, that's just downright mad...and the only people that seemingly are left are people catering to his every whim. Living in the past, reiterating the same old day in day out, losing acquaintances and dont care....That just doesn't sound good or healthy. Yeah, or maybe he is just like this. I don't know, it's all really confusing, because I can't understand how anybody purposefully would do this to himself and a once good career.

I feel for the fans and the band, I wonder how they see the situation, they had so much shows cancelled already for which they have practiced and travelled, must be really strange.

They learned some songs that they can still do if he chooses, and they get and I assume got paid to learn rehearse the songs.

People like a sense of purpose, they rehearsed and were primed to perform, to be let down at the last minute is deflating in any profession.

A SHOCKING development. Who could have predicted this would come to pass? The same people who predict the sun will rise by the morrow. Beyond pathetic and sad. He's more than a mere malignant narcissist, he's a unfeeling sociopath. He must derive a sick pleasure from breaking the hearts of those fans foolish enough to trust him.

ALAIN and maybe even Boz need to be BACK! WHY do you allow beautiful, amazing musicians and people to be SO fed up with your little underlings that they QUIT!!?

WHY, MOZ? WHY? You, right now, currently, have the most second-string, second-rate, amateur band of any artist of your stature, ever. Period.

"Morrissey & Marr" needs to be a thing for both their sakes. Bury the hatchet. Write new music together. Play shows together which are part duo - just Moz with Marr on electric guitar - and the other set a full band....

Including Craig Gannon, Alain, Andrew Paresi/Mike and someone who can play Andy's bass lines.

Morrissey needs to ditch his new band and have a complete rethink. It's time for olive branches... Or both of them risk fading away.
they probably dont even have the same musical interests these days,its been too long,in the words of frozen,let it go.

#1 He’s fine, physically.
#2 He’s an asshole.

SO glad I didn’t go or make arrangements to go.

Morrissey ruins every opportunity that comes into his life, he has virtually no friends left in the industry and no goodwill from anywhere because he has alienated so many people over the years. Even the fans are sick of being cancelled on and disappointed.

Johnny is doing his own thing (as he was obnoxiously 'told' to do), playing shows on time and getting plenty of sales and coverage - it would be stupid to give up that autonomy and go back to taking orders from a prima donna who doesn't even have a record deal. Morrissey is his own worst enemy and if ever there was a time that Johnny or Alain or some other collaborator could have 'rescued' him, it's gone. He poisoned the well himself.

Last edited:
Due to poor sales, the concerts are canceled.

What a joke: this failure was predictable.
This album -bar the two first singles- is musically average with a dated production. it is not well rated by music listeners on RateYourMusic.com. Billing concerts with only this record at the programme was doomed frm the start.

People like a sense of purpose, they rehearsed and were primed to perform, to be let down at the last minute is deflating in any profession.

Of course, but it goes with the profession. They signed up for it. And they’ll get over it, or quit. They’ll be fine, I wouldn’t lose too much sleep over them if I were you Surface, etc.

Anyway, they learned some songs that they can still do if he chooses, and they get and I assume got paid to learn rehearse the songs.

Back
Top Bottom