Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the exact same thing.

Somewhere Alain Whyte is laughing.

I met Alain several times, and I don’t think he’s ‘laughing’. More likely he’s shaking his head, and glad he’s not a part of the mess.

And with Alain having been closer to M, unlike those here, I’m going to risk it by speculating that Alain may in someway be worried for M and where he’s going.

This is a huge bummer. I saw him in the early 2000’s and loved him. I bought tickets for my 27 year old son to see him together in L.A. We were flying from Seattle, so to get one day’s cancellation notice, that’s no cool. We’re still going to fly out and make memories, just not this one. I doubt he’ll grumble even a “sorry” at his fans.

The contempt for his fans is sadly predictable at this juncture. He needs to spare us all the pain and disappear into his Gucci lined world forever. With each passing year, his legacy is sullied even more - and often at his own hands which makes it worse. At least we have the records ... a couple of which were truly great. Morrissey is becoming what he always feared: Irrelevant .... even to fans like me who saw The S***** back in 83 and have followed his meandering 'career' even since. But no more, don't care and I won't miss his absence. He hasn't made a record you can listen to all the way through since 2009. All You Need Is Me ... not so much.

At times like this I keep coming back to that Grant Showbiz quote from the late 90's in I think Uncut magazine. I forget it word-for-word but it's something along the lines of ending his career Thelma and Louise style, chubby with a bottle of brandy and a significant other.

It's been the most precise summation of Morrissey that I've ever read and becomes truer and truer as time goes on. Many of you will know the quote I'm talking about.
" I wish he'd end up a chubby with a significant other watching "Carry On" movies with a bottle of brandy in his hand," says Grant Showbiz. "But I suspect it's going to be in a lonely garage with the poison, cos that's the way he wants to go out. He wants to go over the cliff in a pink Cadillac."

Really, really sad. In fact that whole article (Manchester's Answer to the H-Bomb) is extremely sad because it was 25 years ago but it could have been written yesterday, so little has changed. It explains everything that could be ever be said about Morrissey's difficulties, inability to communicate, endless capacity for self destruction. At one point Grant even says "He thinks all the world's against him." Time didn't change much.

Last edited:
Joe Jackson brought back the "Joe Jackson Band" many years ago and it was fantastic. He did (really good) shows with the old band and it was great. Then it was wrapped up and he went back to doing his own thing once again. It worked out really well.

I think M would have to pay The Lads a pretty penny before they would want to come back. Especially Spence, since, as I’m sure you know, I believe both have severed ties.

Good for Joe though!

Unforseen circumstances = skill less current band. Poor M, he tried til the last minute to get them in tune, but they failed. Why try again and again with these "musicians"? Bums.
He needs a complete new band.
I think Morrissey working with a whole new band would be the kick in the ass that he needs. I think it would be very exciting musically. A breath of fresh air. The guy has needed a change for a Very long time now.

He needs a band, not a bunch of mediocre session players (aside from Buckley). The people he's with now are just "fillers". There's a lot about Johnny Marr's music I don't care for but his band is head and shoulders above Morrissey's hired hands.

New band, new management, new composers, new set lists. I think his fans would love that.

In the absence of any word from the great man, the final words should go to Michael Bracewell, his friend and confidant. "I really think he'll be like the heroine in "Far From The Madding Crowd" he insists, "where she says, "I shall be up before dawn and astonish you all."

Regards,
FWD.

:pray::):cool:

I know that things happen, it sucks but it does. As someone with a chronic illness I know that I'm more likely to call in sick to something than maybe the next person. So whatever the situation it might just be unavoidable and not something he can control.

What he CAN control is communication. He digs his own grave by not being more transparent with stuff and leaving it all to speculation. He might not feel like he has to, and sure he doesn't have to .. but he probably should.

Manchester's Answer To The H-Bomb
Pt2:

"I wish he'd end up a chubby with a significant other watching "Carry On" movies with a bottle of brandy in his hand," says Grant Showbiz. "But I suspect it's going to be in a lonely garage with the poison, cos that's the way he wants to go out. He wants to go over the cliff in a pink Cadillac."

In the absence of any word from the great man, the final words should go to Michael Bracewell, his friend and confidant. "I really think he'll be like the heroine in "Far From The Madding Crowd" he insists, "where she says, "I shall be up before dawn and astonish you all."

Regards,
FWD.
The 80s and 90s moz is the only ones that counted the rest have been by numbers . I only mention this because I often read the old interviews and pretend that guy is still with us
I think he was honest enough he said he was lazy . That is why American fame and the Latino audience was bad for him , he churned out a lot of dross since quarry . Sone good songs as well . Somehow it didn’t even hit the spot of 80s and 90s morrissey . It was more anger and bitterness and not as much intimate feeling and romance , not enough understanding . Me and few others want him to trash the American life and touring and go back to the uk , get a band and make intelligent records and write books .

" I wish he'd end up a chubby with a significant other watching "Carry On" movies with a bottle of brandy in his hand," says Grant Showbiz. "But I suspect it's going to be in a lonely garage with the poison, cos that's the way he wants to go out. He wants to go over the cliff in a pink Cadillac."

Really, really sad. In fact that whole article (Manchester's Answer to the H-Bomb) is extremely sad because it was 25 years ago but it could have been written yesterday, so little has changed. It explains everything that could be ever be said about Morrissey's difficulties, inability to communicate, endless capacity for self destruction. At one point Grant even says "He thinks all the world's against him." Time didn't change much.
Time didn't change at all, it became even more embedded. I too find it sad how prescient an article written 25 years ago is to Morrissey's situation today.

tbh i was excited to see LA shows announced and got tickets right away but then i was kinda not looking forward to the venue/forum, so even though this cancellation SUCKS it's really a blessing, since i know his team will fix this and pick a way better, more intimate venue that would suit an anniversary quarry show. i remember the LA wiltern theater shows like they were yesterday. that would be a cool spot to revisit this album live. but that decision is way above my pay grade.

Joe Jackson brought back the "Joe Jackson Band" many years ago and it was fantastic. He did (really good) shows with the old band and it was great. Then it was wrapped up and he went back to doing his own thing once again. It worked out really well.
Funnily enough I have recently become obsessed with Steppin' Out and the associated music video. And I don't know why. :unsure:

It’s over. Morrissey is done as a live act. I will never, ever travel to see him again.
I planned to travel from Arizona with my mother; flights and hotels were booked, tickets to a nearby theme park were bought. With complete disregard to fans, the show is called off ONE DAY before; no word from M himself, but from the venue. My respect for him as an individual is gone.
“I’ve seen this happen in other people’s lives; now it’s happening in mine”
With your mother?

tbh i was excited to see LA shows announced and got tickets right away but then i was kinda not looking forward to the venue/forum, so even though this cancellation SUCKS it's really a blessing, since i know his team will fix this and pick a way better, more intimate venue that would suit an anniversary quarry show. i remember the LA wiltern theater shows like they were yesterday. that would be a cool spot to revisit this album live. but that decision is way above my pay grade.

(y)

But I doubt M will give it another go. I’d be surprised if he did. I hope I’m wrong.

Back
Top Bottom