Concert-goers interviewed before & after Morrissey's Brixton Show

There's bound to be a few site users included amongst the scores of people who can find themselves on video here:

Morrissey at Brixton Academy - WinkBall
by Gig Reporters 2011

As I posted over on allyouneedismorrissey.com, near the end someone called Helen said she's in a band called The Ritas and right enough, they've uploaded their own fine version of Jeane - http://theritas.co.uk/music.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
That Kate Potter is gorgeous! Great words too :) I also loved hearing what some of the older geezers had to say. Very witty indeed!

"I consider myself the natural heir to the punk crown. After all, I say what I want, I do what I want, I dress how I want, and I undress when I want... "

Morrissey

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

the final farewell - Q&A with Morrissey at the Dorchester Hotel.

Well don't we have some green eyed little monsters here on Solo?

I have had the pleasure of meeting "that Scottish guy" on several occasions over the years at shows here, there and everywhere. He is an absolute gem! He always stops for a chat and is super kind and very helpful. He is far from the "leech" and "tramp" described here.

My guess is that whilst he has been on the tour the posters here have been sat at home on their computers thinking up pathetic and meaningless comments to post here about those of us who get off our arses, spend our money and go and actually see Morrissey.

Oh and if "Scottish guy" ever needs a place to stay next we are lucky enough to have a show to go to here in London I would happily offer him my sofa without hesitation. That's how "real" fans operate you jealous idiots!

Have to totally agree. I've stayed with him in hotels, drank with him in pubs and bumped into him at every venue or pre/post gig gathering for years now and he's a top bloke. Everybody knows who he is, even Moz.

The Scottish guy is a top bloke that's charming enough to get people to happily give him tickets/lodging/beer.
Leech perhaps but I wish I were talented enough to get away with that.

The Scottish guy is a top bloke that's charming enough to get people to happily give him tickets/lodging/beer.
Leech perhaps but I wish I were talented enough to get away with that.

He gets people to GIVE him tickets? And beer? And then imposes himself further by getting people to put him up?? Do you actually KNOW he does this?

Just remember, 'the Scottish guy' has friends in high places, so unless you want to join David T in getting banned from the gigs I suggest you play nice. ;)

I met him in Berlin, thought he was a nice guy, first over the barrier. He was in the same gig that David was thrown out of and he is banned from here. Bit of a coincidence?

Helen here, feeling embarrassed.

You should be proud of yourselves. It's great. As for me, although I'm sure lots have viewed and quietly enjoyed this feelgood upload, I partly regret drawing attention to it here after reading many of the begrudging personal comments. :doh:

Just remember, 'the Scottish guy' has friends in high places, so unless you want to join David T in getting banned from the gigs I suggest you play nice. ;)

I banned myself from Steven's performances quite some time ago, so who his friends are is of little consequence. I did that for several reasons: (1) he's a hypocrite; (2) he's a coward; (3) he's a racist; he insists on publicly spouting uninformed opinions; and (4) his music is shit these days. ;)

[i think after yesterdays premier league opening its now established joey barton is round the twist
this comes froma scouser who sees many half round the twist
his ramblings on twitter and quotes from sartre will give pompous russell brand a run for his money

lol
power to you joey

ireneQUOTE=Anonymous;1986670551]lovely to see all the wonderful feelings towards morrissey and his work. puts this site in some badly needed perspective.[/QUOTE]

Both russell brand and joey barton want given what deserves them

piss on your graves

irene

[i think after yesterdays premier league opening its now established joey barton is round the twist
this comes froma scouser who sees many half round the twist
his ramblings on twitter and quotes from sartre will give pompous russell brand a run for his money

lol
power to you joey

ireneQUOTE=Anonymous;1986670551]lovely to see all the wonderful feelings towards morrissey and his work. puts this site in some badly needed perspective.
[/QUOTE]

As for me, although I'm sure lots have viewed and quietly enjoyed this feelgood upload, I partly regret drawing attention to it here after reading many of the begrudging personal comments. :doh:

i'm glad you posted it goinghome, otherwise i'd have never known about it. it's refreshing that the majority viewpoint regarding morrissey is heard from rather than the fertile handful of folks on this site who subsist on overblown, highly charged spite.

~auntie christ

Back
Top Bottom