Could you win £11,000???

Poor guy. He knew the album titles at least...

I can't watch this in the part of the world I'm in, so could any kind individual please explain it for me (and any other people who might want to know who are in my shoes)?

I can't watch this in the part of the world I'm in, so could any kind individual please explain it for me (and any other people who might want to know who are in my shoes)?

A team have reached the last round of the quiz, and they're asked the "Pointless" trivia question to win 11k, which is "Name 3 of The Smiths' UK Top 40 Singles". One guy who is supposedly a bit of an expert on indie music mentions Strangeways and Meat is Murder, but can't remember if they're albums or singles. He knows "This Charming Man" and that's about it... they don't win the money.

A team have reached the last round of the quiz, and they're asked the "Pointless" trivia question to win 11k, which is "Name 3 of The Smiths' UK Top 40 Singles". One guy who is supposedly a bit of an expert on indie music mentions Strangeways and Meat is Murder, but can't remember if they're albums or singles. He knows "This Charming Man" and that's about it... they don't win the money.

A bit more info for our overseas cousins... the point of the quiz is to come up with an obscure answer to the question that no one in a survey of 100 people came up with. So, 9 people in 100 said "This Charming Man" - this isn't a pointless answer, so the team didn't win. Out of 100 people the only 3 singles that no one suggested were Shakespeare's Sister, I Started Something... and Last Night I Dreamt...

For what it's worth, I thought Shakespeare's Sister would be there (I'd have gone for Sheila Take a Bow and take a punt of Headmaster's Ritual (did it chart?) as well), but didn't think about the others... So, on the outside chance that I'd entered Pointless and got to the final and been asked to name an obscure Smiths song, I'd be 11 grand better off.... If only...

I would have won a few weeks ago when they had to name plays by Oscar Wilde (De Profundis and The Nightingale and the Rose, I think) ... thank Morrissey for that :) Most times I catch the programme, I'd be leaving empty handed...

Dave

The presenter also said that many people have asked him "When are you going to ask people to name a Smiths' song?" So, I guess there are a few of us who regularly watch before the 6pm news :)

Dave

Boasting a touch, but I got all three. But I'm a bit of a freak. I also got three pointless answers this week when the question was Frank Bruno opponents.

It's a great show. Shame that the presenter is Countryside Alliance.

And on a mildly Mozzerian front, do you know who the stats man Richard is the brother of?

Didn't get it. :( I'm ashamed, this is the only topic which I am supposed to have solid knowledge on.

Also I swear I recognize those two contestants from somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom