David Bowie dies at 69

Snotnosed. Junior high ribbing !
Is that a hint that David is going to get a celebrity death file TTY Statement ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Please do not use another person's death for your "crusade" against Morrissey. Thank you.

RIP David.

Please do not use another person's death for your "crusade" against Morrissey. Thank you.

RIP David.

Oh Please don't take offence but don't you think Stevens next move/comments are going to be fascinating given the things he said about Mr Bowie on the Jonathan Ross show.

Tony Visconti
1 hr ·
"He always did what he wanted to do. And he wanted to do it his way and he wanted to do it the best way. His death was no different from his life - a work of Art. He made Blackstar for us, his parting gift. I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it. He was an extraordinary man, full of love and life. He will always be with us. For now, it is appropriate to cry."

Re: David Bowie has died

Yes it's true he'd been battling cancer for the last 18 months.
I wonder if Steven will give him a nod with a celebrity death file TTY statement ?
Or will Boz be demanding the re release of Bowie singing I know it's gonna happen, " never has a song been so fitting in such circumstances why aren't you releasing it ? I represent the band and Morrissey and it's our only chance of being number one "

number one all over it

"When I made the (2006) record Ringleader of the Tormentors," writes Morrissey, "the producer (Tony Visconti), who is a very close friend of David Bowie, tried to get both Bowie and I together to do our version of You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', with David doing the deep Bill Medley parts, and me doing the Bobby Hatfield shrieks."

"I loved this idea, but David wouldn't budge. I know I've criticised David in the past, but it's all been snotnosed junior high ribbing on my part. I think he knows that."

"He always did what he wanted to do. And he wanted to do it his way and he wanted to do it the best way. His death was no different from his life - a work of Art. He made Blackstar for us, his parting gift. I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it. He was an extraordinary man, full of love and life. He will always be with us. For now, it is appropriate to cry."
- Tony Visconti

RIP David.

Nothing is sacred. Morrissey breathing is offensive to many people here. Delicate flowers.

But on topic, I suddenly feel like the only person in the world who thought Bowie was utterly overrated. Social media has exploded, people I didn't even think knew who Bowie was are apparently his biggest fans so heh.

I'm crushed. Bowie was my childhood hero, and he'll be my hero for life.

It was known he was in poor health (but not that he had cancer), so I guess this shouldn't have come as a shock, but honestly the man seemed indestructible and mere days ago he released what has got to be the greatest piece of work of his latter-day career. He didn't let up 'til the very end, and now he's taken us all by surprise one last time before returning to the stars where he belongs.

Nothing is sacred. Morrissey breathing is offensive to many people here. Delicate flowers.

But on topic, I suddenly feel like the only person in the world who thought Bowie was utterly overrated. Social media has exploded, people I didn't even think knew who Bowie was are apparently his biggest fans so heh.

Yeah, but he wasn't, though.

Nothing beats dying to bring out the quiescent fans! I liked him as a kid and think considering his lifestyle he had a good innings. RIP Dave.

You must be very young. Without Bowie there would have been no Morrissey.
Even Moz will admit that.

Just because without Bowie there would be no Morrissey doesn't mean I can't think he is overrated and had an awful voice. Its partly subjective and partly I just believe if he wasn't heralded as being "so different" he wouldn't have been anything special. I'm not that young, I just don't rate him. Don't try to play the age card.

This is heartbreaking news. My sympathy goes out to Iman, their daughter, and his son. It is now very clear that his last two albums were meant as his goodbye. I hope in the end he was satisfied with the life and legacy he left us with.

Of course without Bowie there would be no Morrissey. Every fan knows that. But, as Moz said, music is a very personal and emotional thing and it just can't be forced. As much as I enjoy a bit of Bowie and as much as I can acknowledge his impact, he just didn't reach me with his music and life the way others did. Many people feel like that and there's nothing wrong with that. Why fight?

Back
Top Bottom