David Cameron Quotes Morrissey

Me Too...
:sick::sick:

I cant believe i even read that link, just the way that paper uses the english language offends every fibre of my being...
ok, now im mad too, thanks Peter, ;) :mad:

CAMERON ON THE GUILLOTINE:mad::mad:

Jukebox Jury

Hear, Hear.

He'll do anything to promote his "cool" image won't he.
I'm not fond of politicians at all, especially David Cameron. Yet everyone always assumes I want to be one, because I study politics. Not likely. :rolleyes:

He couldn't do any worse than the clowns we have in now.

Whilst I don't disagree with your sentiments. Some of us have very clear memories of the last lot! Believe me, he could (and would) do a lot worse.

Whilst I don't disagree with your sentiments. Some of us have very clear memories of the last lot! Believe me, he could (and would) do a lot worse.

You surely can't be serious. We're going to be more & more in the shit if people keep falling for Labour's 'it's all the Tories fault' line. Labour have had eleven years & nothing's got any better unless you're a Managing Director. Health, crime, education, everything. No-one except the rich can buy a house. The trains are getting worse, they've done nothing as the utiilty companies continue to kick us in the balls. You can't move for new people in the country & we're all shortly going to electronically & chemically tagged.

All that & I never needed to use the words 'weapons of mass destruction' onee.

Rant over.

You surely can't be serious. We're going to be more & more in the shit if people keep falling for Labour's 'it's all the Tories fault' line. Labour have had eleven years & nothing's got any better unless you're a Managing Director. Health, crime, education, everything. No-one except the rich can buy a house. The trains are getting worse, they've done nothing as the utiilty companies continue to kick us in the balls. You can't move for new people in the country & we're all shortly going to electronically & chemically tagged.

Rant over.

You must be loving all those Catherine Cookson dvd's that the Daily Mail are giving away this week!!

Seriously. I don't make any apologies for the Labour Party. I threw away my membership card many years ago. But if you honestly think that "Dave" is the answer, then you are very much mistaken.

Also, I remember when the trains were BAD!

you're not alone my friend! :)

Tell me about it. Studying politics if anything completely deters me from ever seeking to become MP. Studying politics and the theories/concepts heavily rooted in the subject shows exactly why the system doesn't actually work at all.
Or maybe that's just what I gain from it, anyway.

Cameron quoting the Smiths is nearly as bad as when Blair carried his guitar into Downing Street then started praising Oasis.

Rant over.

Let's just turn back the clock then...

"...bring back the old days, I say: Tories in power, 4 million out of work, 15% inflation, riots every other month....aahhh....happy days....you can't bring them back...."

Okay - my own quote on a different thread, but I feel that things are much better now than under the Tories 1979-97. It's all subjective and I'm a Labour sympathiser, but the intentions and achievements of Labour are, I feel, better for the majority of Brits than other parties.

I understand the "all the same" view and think that Labour could have achieved more if Blair had been bolder but we are where we are - if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Forgot to add that I work for + with a lot of company MDs and they don't think things are better for them under Labour; they'd much rather see Cameron in power, I think, especially since the last Budget.

Re. Pete's Current Mood - "Should the Bible be banned?"

Yes, of course it should - but don't start me off on that topic again!

You must be loving all those Catherine Cookson dvd's that the Daily Mail are giving away this week!!

Seriously. I don't make any apologies for the Labour Party. I threw away my membership card many years ago. But if you honestly think that "Dave" is the answer, then you are very much mistaken.

Also, I remember when the trains were BAD!

Dave might not be the answer but voting blindly for the current incumbents does no-one any favours. I've never been a card carrying Labourite but they used to have some good people. Not any more. Though to be fair I couldn't name any Tory good people either.

The trains ARE bad.
My wife & I expected to be on the 08:53 Manchester-London last Saturday with a seat reserved. What we ended up with was a train to Sheffield, a seat on a train from there bound for London for all of ten minutes. I had to stand the whole way after that & I twisted my ankle. I'll vote for anyone who'll strip Virgin of that franchise.

Anyway, back to the music.

I wonder who privatized the railways.......?

That's a good point. Though of course, they were private originally, it was Labour who nationalised them. Then the Tories ripped the heart of them. Oh well. Swings & roundabouts.

But anyway, I want Labour out. Though I might vote Green.

Dave might not be the answer but voting blindly for the current incumbents does no-one any favours. I've never been a card carrying Labourite but they used to have some good people. Not any more. Though to be fair I couldn't name any Tory good people either.

The trains ARE bad.
My wife & I expected to be on the 08:53 Manchester-London last Saturday with a seat reserved. What we ended up with was a train to Sheffield, a seat on a train from there bound for London for all of ten minutes. I had to stand the whole way after that & I twisted my ankle. I'll vote for anyone who'll strip Virgin of that franchise.

Anyway, back to the music.

I'm sorry to hear about your train journey. However I used to do that trip every other Friday (returning the Sunday) from 1989 to 1991. It was always either late, dirty, very late or all three. I've had 6 hour journeys a plenty. Now I do it in just over 2 hours, whilst I plug in my laptop and watch a film (or whatever). The two experiences couldn't be more different.

You do have my sympathy though, as I have had many a journey like yours in the past.

I'm no fan of Virgin either. I took part in a demonstration the other week outside the Imperial Museum of the North. They were holding a meeting to announce plans to move into running GP practices in Manchester.

Now you should worry!!

Back
Top Bottom