Depeche Mode Live

Are there any soundboard shows out there for The 1990 Devotional Tour?

Also, anything from the first leg of the Angel Tour...preferably one without Macro...

Is The Hawaii Show missing Rush? I understood it was the opener for that leg of the Devotional Tour

That is excellent sound..I had given up hope for finding any soundboard concerts from that era...I wonder if there is an existing mp3 for Something To Do from that tour..I think it was played only once...speaking of which...they should have brought back some of the SGR songs for the second wave of the last tour...would rather hear that than Behind The Wheel or I Feel You...those songs have just died on me...

SNS22 said:
Are there any soundboard shows out there for The 1990 Devotional Tour?

I have San Francisco. If you'd like to, I can upload it for you.

Also, anything from the first leg of the Angel Tour...preferably one without Macro...

I'll pick something good for you tomorrow!

SNS22 said:
Is The Hawaii Show missing Rush? I understood it was the opener for that leg of the Devotional Tour

That is excellent sound..I had given up hope for finding any soundboard concerts from that era...I wonder if there is an existing mp3 for Something To Do from that tour..I think it was played only once...speaking of which...they should have brought back some of the SGR songs for the second wave of the last tour...would rather hear that than Behind The Wheel or I Feel You...those songs have just died on me...

Which Hawaii show?

The 1994 Devotional Show from Hawaii earlier on this thread...

Thanks...If you have any of the 1990 shows with Sweetest Perfection...I think that's the only song from the tour I don't have...although the quality of the shows aren't A+...

the good thing about Depeche Mode is that they always played the same setlist for most of their shows each tour....what I've never been able to find is a copy of "It Doesn't Matter" from 1984 or 1988, as it happens to be my favorite Martin Gore song...I always wondered why he prefers to perform It Doesn't Matter Two instead...

Yeah, Rush was indeed the opener, but he recording hit in too late....
Something to Do was played once during that tour, in Brussels 05/25/93, and there are at least two different boots around (but not on my drive, sorry), and you might want to check this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f96CpkJ15iA

Petro$ said:
Yeah, Rush was indeed the opener, but he recording hit in too late....
Something to Do was played once during that tour, in Brussels 05/25/93, and there are at least two different boots around (but not on my drive, sorry), and you might want to check this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f96CpkJ15iA

I don't know if it works, but check these:

25.05.1993 Bruxelles (Belgique), Forest National
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8RHNKGMR

Personal Jesus
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2GU1HL7V

Rush
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AVOP6MX3

SNS22 said:
The 1994 Devotional Show from Hawaii earlier on this thread...

Thanks...If you have any of the 1990 shows with Sweetest Perfection...I think that's the only song from the tour I don't have...although the quality of the shows aren't A+...

the good thing about Depeche Mode is that they always played the same setlist for most of their shows each tour....what I've never been able to find is a copy of "It Doesn't Matter" from 1984 or 1988, as it happens to be my favorite Martin Gore song...I always wondered why he prefers to perform It Doesn't Matter Two instead...

Oh, okay. I've just started to upload San Francisco 1990 for you with Sweetest Perfection, but it'll take some time.

SNS22 said:

Shows with It Doesn't Matter:

10.03.1988 Budapest (Hongrie), Sportcsarnok
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D1ARBZU1

18.02.1988 Copenhague (Danemark), Valby Hallen
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T01I5U9S

Last edited:
Excellent Soundboard of the same show:
5 tracks (Here Is The House, Sweetest Perfection, Shake The Disease, ETS, Route 66)

Do you have another version of that Shake The Disease...it was reported as corrupt

Cool....I'm a little obsessive when it comes to collecting at times. But, I absoutely hated Macro. I can't remember a DM song I have disliked so much. Martin Gore's songs have been pretty week the last two albums, which may explain why he has started to sing other songs...

SNS22 said:
Cool....I'm a little obsessive when it comes to collecting at times. But, I absoutely hated Macro. I can't remember a DM song I have disliked so much. Martin Gore's songs have been pretty week the last two albums, which may explain why he has started to sing other songs...

eek! Thats hard to hear. however i respect your opinion. Have you checked out the Rock AM Ring, he did Judas.

Yes...I heard it yesterday...Judas is absolutely brillant...
Wish he would do The Bottom Line again..I heard a version from Texas in 2001 I believe, but it wasn't very good quality...I liked what he did in 1990, adding in World Full Of Nothing, Little 15 and Here Is The House...I think Here Is The House was done once in 1986 with the full band, and I think World Full Of Nothing was done once or twice last year...I like hearing Martin sing Leave In Silence and Shake The Disease but as a long time fan, would rather hear the band do those...I was waiting for Leave In Silence since so much of Exiciter reminded me of it.

i was so excited to hear Photographic too. I also loved Leave in Silence. martin did The bottom line when i saw them in 2001, ive never heard the audio of that though. I have a boot with I want you now and world full of nothing, the sound isnt that great, but its still good to hear. I dont think ive heard any boots from 1986. I love martin singing songs like STD and LIS, he adds a certain feeling to them. what did you think of his last solo album/tour?

Finances prevented me from purchasing much for the last few years, so I haven't bought it yet. You Are The Quarry was the only album I bought between 2003-2006. But I did hear bootleg recordings of Martin's tour. I really liked the selections he made from the DM songs. I've always felt Leave In Silence was a Martin Gore song. Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth has always been my favorite from Counterfeit. I do like his interpretations of Shake The Disease too, but I really was disappointed that They didn't haul Master & Servant, People Are People, or Blasphemous Rumors back out...those are some of the songs that made their career and it's really shallow when they say things like "Nothing good was written before 1985...etc.". It would be like Morrissey not recognizing his beginings..although I have begun to suspect Morrissey wants to forget the Bona Drag & Kill Uncle years...he hasn't played anything from that period other than November & Hairdresser on Fire since 2000..People on this board will have my head, but I still think Sing Your Life was one of the best songs Morrissey has ever recorded....

Back
Top Bottom