Depeche Mode Tour 2009 to start in May in Israel

It's all so true...
I mean, we're so lucky to still have DM around!
Just look where Dave was a couple of years ago and how he recovered and survived what he went through. It's amazing and have huge amounts of respect for that. :cool:
I love seeing how much fun and dedication they still seem to have.
I for one can't wait for the new album and the new tour.

I LOVE DM!! :guitar:

Ahhh..I see that they won't be coming to the US until NEXT fall since those dates are all the way up to summer 09'.

GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd.

M.

Youre not the only who thinks this. For a long time now I have stayed away from DMMB because I just dont like the attitudes of the fans there. I really dont understand them. They shouldnt even be called fans because all they ever do is complain and say negative things about the band... I couldnt believe they were complaining about the dates. We should all be happy that they are touring. Of course we all want them to come to the cities and countries we live but that isnt our choice. I mean, Morrissey didnt come to my city and I had to travel to see him but I didnt complain.
All this complaining is rediculous. It really gets me when I see all the negative talk on DMMB but then I think, if they had the chance to meet DM they wouldnt pass it up and they would definately never complain to DM's face. So I really dont get it. I just dont understand how someone could have these kinds of feelings and attitdues towards a band they like or love?:confused: Oh well, thats them, not me! ;)

That's like this place, exactly! That's all I ever hear about/see is people complaining about everything, and why Moz didn't do this, or why he said that to so and so, which is why I don't come here as often as I used to. I'm with you both on all, I wish people would sometimes STFU, be happy he's touring/got a new disc out/etc, and just be grateful, is that too hard? Apparently so.

It's all so true...
I mean, we're so lucky to still have DM around!
Just look where Dave was a couple of years ago and how he recovered and survived what he went through. It's amazing and have huge amounts of respect for that.
I love seeing how much fun and dedication they still seem to have.
I for one can't wait for the new album and the new tour.

I LOVE DM!!

Good post, I agree with you 100 % too. I'm one of the fortunate ones who was lucky enough to see them for the Violator Tour in Detroit(Where I was born and raised), still top 5 concert I've ever seen to this day(and I've been to a ton of shows) in my life.

I for one, cannot wait for the tour, I will be @ the Vegas stop for sure.

I, too, love DM.

Last edited:
That's like this place, exactly! That's all I ever hear about/see is people complaining about everything, and why Moz didn't do this, or why he said that to so and so, which is why I don't come here as often as I used to. I'm with you both on all, I wish people would sometimes STFU, be happy he's touring/got a new disc out/etc, and just be grateful, is that too hard? Apparently so.

Well, to me, Moz-Solo is nothing like DMMB. Everyone I have met here has been super friendly. I cannot say the same thing about DMMB. Ever since I discovered it, I have never even formed any friendships with anyone like I have here. For me, Moz-solo is completely different. As for DMMB, I just go there now for updates and things.

A glimmer of hope for Australian DM fans!

http://forums.depechemode.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26394&page=2

Ryan. said:
I Feel Loved said:
I'm hopeful of course, but not banking on DM coming here. I am making other arrangements so we don't miss out next year.

I'm making sure I've got an up to date passport and enough money saved and holiday time owed to me to make an overseas trip next year.

If they won't come to us, we'll have to go to them.

I won't be traveling anywhere, so I'm praying they stop by here at some point.

Dave yelled out "WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT TIME!" at the end of the Sydney show here in 1994. There HAS to be a "next time" at some point.

Duds said:
Guys, I posted something on this on Thursday of last week.

Fletch, in an Interview with Lithuanian press was asked the following.

Tour of the Universe, You are doing South America for the first time since Devotional. Could this be an indication that Australia, Asia might follow?

If you say that’s the tour of Universe, it might be. HAHA. At the moment we’ve just releasing this. I think we are gonna see how the things go and you know, if we’re feeling good and confident, maybe we’ll do more shows in Europe, maybe we’ll do shows in Australia. This is what we’re committing at the moment.

I'll see if I can find the direct link to the video for you. The questions are in Lithuanian but Fletch is not dubbed.

Ryan. said:
I love you!

Well, to me, Moz-Solo is nothing like DMMB. Everyone I have met here has been super friendly. I cannot say the same thing about DMMB. Ever since I discovered it, I have never even formed any friendships with anyone like I have here. For me, Moz-solo is completely different. As for DMMB, I just go there now for updates and things.
I was lucky enough to find really a few good people in it. I am friends with a girl who says she has exactly the same opinion with you all.
And I have to agree with you all guys: these people should not call themselves as fans
since they are complaining all the time. Complaining generally is something I hate, and if those people were close to me I'd be close to slapping their faces!:mad:
I watched this interview in Greek TV, when I saw it I was almost crying from happiness!!! I loveeeeeeee DM, and I'm sure they'll never let me down!!!:D:D:D:D:D

I think, in a twisted sort of way, all the complaining is actually showing that people are really dedicated to the band, even if they express it in the wrong way. If people didn't care about DM, they wouldn't complain.
Is this making any sense at all? :confused: :p

I think, in a twisted sort of way, all the complaining is actually showing that people are really dedicated to the band, even if they express it in the wrong way. If people didn't care about DM, they wouldn't complain.
Is this making any sense at all? :confused: :p
Since all these things (tour dates etc.) are already scheduled, people should just stop complaining. Complaining is also making other fans feel bad and uncomfortable, needless to say that the band would feel bad if they read what their OWN FANS say about them. That would be absolutely awful for them, and would affect them psychologically!
And yes, what you said does make sense, I just am the kind of person who doesn't like hearing people complaining all the time about stupid things. The most important thing is that the boys didn't forget about us!:D:guitar:
I have to be honest: at first I thought that DM had no interest in giving us another album, but since they do, nothing else matters!!!:D:D:D

Hopefully they will add some older tracks to their setlist. I read that Lie To Me nearly made it on to the tour. What I would love to hear would be a Cure-like encore with classics like People Are People, Master And Servant, Just Can't Get Enough and Everything Counts. Blasphemous Rumors has been missing for 20 years as well. Hard to believe since it is one of their most popular songs.

I hope they add some older songs as well. When I was listening to MFTM the other day I was thinking how it would be nice to hear songs like Things you said, Nothing or even Strangelove. The 101 setlist was a good one and includes PAP, M&S, JCGE, BR, and EC.

On the interview I posted, Martin and Fletch were joking about doing a medley of old songs since there are too many to add to the setlist. At least they thought about it:D

Last edited:
I watched this interview in Greek TV, when I saw it I was almost crying from happiness!!! I loveeeeeeee DM, and I'm sure they'll never let me down!!!:D:D:D:D:D

You actually got to watch this on T.V.? :eek: They hardly ever have DM on T.V. here. I liked this interview, especially the part when Dave talks about his mother-in-law watching the show. He said he had to watch what he did but then do his thing lol :D

I hope they add some older songs as well. When I was listening to MFTM the other day I was thinking how it would be nice to hear songs like Things you said, Nothing or even Strangelove. The 101 setlist was a good one and includes PAP, M&S, JCGE, BR, and EC.

On the interview I posted, Martin and Fletch were joking about doing a medley of old songs since there are too many to add to the setlist. At least they thought about it:D

Yep. 88 was the last time they played most of those. 90 for Master And Servant. Photographic was awesome last tour. I waited years for that. Now if they'd bring back Shout and See You. But hell will freeze over first. Why can't more bands be like The Cure and play a lot of the old stuff?

Back
Top Bottom