Der Spiegel audio file of Morrissey interview released

Here you go. The recording of the interview.

Der Audiomitschnitt zum SPIEGEL-Interview mit Morrissey - Spiegel Online
Sänger Morrissey fühlt sich nach einem Interview mit dem SPIEGEL falsch zitiert und will nun nie wieder mit Printmedien sprechen. Hören Sie hier den Mitschnitt des Interviews.

English version:

The Audio of DER SPIEGEL's Interview with Morrissey
British pop singer Morrissey has accused DER SPIEGEL of falsely quoting him in a recently published interview. The magazine stands behind its reporting and has made the decision to post the audio online in response.

On Friday, Nov. 10, DER SPIEGEL culture reporter Juliane Liebert told her editors that she had been offered an interview with British popstar Morrissey and that a decision needed to be made quickly on whether to accept. We agreed: The former lead singer of The Smiths doesn't shy away from speaking his mind - and he also doesn't grant interviews very often.

The following Monday, Liebert flew to Los Angeles, where she was to interview Morrissey on Tuesday. The interview appointment got delayed several times before finally taking place on Wednesday and lasting 40 minutes. Edited versions of interviews published in DER SPIEGEL are usually authorized by the interview subject before publication, consistent with established procedure in German journalism. But in this instance, Morrissey's team elected to forego authorization.

After its publication on Nov. 18 in DER SPIEGEL, the interview (available behind the SPIEGEL Plus paywall in German) generated headlines not only in the German-language media. English publications like the Independent also wrote about Morrissey's statements regarding Trump, Brexit, the #MeToo debate and questions of national identity.

The musician then sought to distance himself from the published interview. "Unless you see the words form in my mouth and then you see or hear the words come out of my mouth... please, if you don't see that, I didn't say them," he told fans at a concert. He said he would never grant an interview to a print journalist again.

On Monday, Morrissey followed up with a post on his official Facebook page casting doubt on whether his statements had been reflected accurately by DER SPIEGEL. He also alleged that the fact that the magazine had not yet posted the raw audio of the interview was tantamount to an indirect admission of guilt.

To counter that claim, the editors of DER SPIEGEL have decided to post the audio of the interview online.

You can listen to the interview conducted with Morrissey in Los Angeles on Nov. 15 here:

Posted by Famous when dead:

Interview mp3 - yours to keep:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/dx1c0j
(the exact file as used on the site).

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
skinny for f***s sake give us peace,will you ever stop this racism shite,bet your a right laugh on Christmas day.

i just found a link to an mp3 audiomitschnitt on the spiegel's website. it's easy to download. strange enough, on my computer it can only be seen when you follow the link in the liebert twitter post after "here u go bitches":
screenshot-www.spiegel.de-2017-12-13-20-38-51-016.png

has anybody already noticed that he does not say that berlin is the rape capital of europe. he says "i feel sad that germany has become the rape capital of europe" which would only make sense in some way if he wanted to stress his point that germany is an empire, so it can be considered being the "capital" of the eu, but thats probably a bit far-fetched.

here are some figures on rape and sexual molestation in germany over the years:
screenshot-de.statista.com-2017-12-13-21-42-20.png

i couldnt find any numbers for europe.

No headline claimed he said those exact words. What he did say was that the thought it was absurd that Spacey was cut from a film because of what he did (which was sexual assault, for those of you following along at home). That counts as support in my book.

No, it doesn’t. I think it has nothing to do with Kevin Spacey as such.
Could be about any actor, politician, anyone accused or later being convicted.

He (Kevin Spacey), played a role in that movie. Fact that can’t be erased, but that is exactly what is aimed at and pretending it never happened. Failed.

Are we going to do the same as in the Sovyet Union, rewriting history by removing persons, retouching photos and pictures and films just because they are accused or even convicted?

It happened, we can’t ignore it by pretending it never happened.

It might be disappointing to think about it but there are not only nice and kind people around and if they are not confronted with their evil behaviour they go on.

I can’t see any defence or support of Kevin Spacey by Moz.
He pointed to other circumstances that could play a role too. Which seems to touch a nerve, almost a taboo.

He never accused the real victims.

Where is our boy? Ah...we've lost our boy...

Here's the thing. He either genuinely believed that he did not say any of those things, or he really did think it wise to prod and provoke them to release the audio of the interview; which they had no reason to not do after all this, surely?

What is he honestly thinking? I mean, why did he think it made any earthly sense to do any of this? Either way, I love him dearly, but our boy has goofed up, big time, and he's going to have to deal with the consequences; I'm not in the business of defending ridiculousness. And I worry for his state of mind. I'm struggling to understand why he thought any of this was a good idea or made sense. It just concerns me.

Sorry, I think people who claimed to have been sexually assaulted/raped should be listened to and believed. Otherwise, dung-brained sexual deviants end up in the White House.

Listened to, of course. But believed, no matter what? There are people wrongly accused and imprisoned on false testimonies. Even if trustworthy statistics prove they are a minority.
I am not defending ANY sexual assault or criminal but think about the people that were accused and innocent. And in prison.

Listened to, of course. But believed, no matter what? There are people wrongly accused and imprisoned on false testimonies. Even if trustworthy statistics prove they are a minority.
I am not defending ANY sexual assault or criminal but think about the people that were accused and innocent. And in prison.

You need to realize that what you are saying normalizes mistrust in real victims and makes it difficult for more real victims to come forward. Every time that someone brings up "But what about the minority that are falsely accused" in response to dealing with sexual abuse, there are people out there who have been too afraid to say anything about how they've been hurt thinking "Well, maybe if I come forward, I won't be believed and everything will just get worse." It's about those people. It's always about the victim. Anyone with a brain can tell that I'm not saying "everyone accused of sexual assault is guilty." But that's not the f***ing point. The point is creating an landscape where those shoved into silence can finally come forward about the atrocities that have happened to them and hopefully put the perpetrators away forever.

Exactly, their are going to be some scumbags that have their careers ended by these scandals and rightly so, but there are also going to be some innocent people that have their careers smeared and ended as well. To believe any differently is madness.

Funny example of how Mcrickson says 'I think people who claimed to have been sexually assaulted/raped should be listened to and believed,' well first of all they should definitely be listened to. But Lena Dunham also used to say the same thing until one of her best friends and writers on her show got accused of rape and now she says, 'well sometimes women lie.' Unfortunately as insane as it is to believe we are seeing many cases of women falsely claiming rape, Mcrickson holds his views, fair enough, but let's say it was him that was falsely accused how would he feel about every victim being believed?

You need to realize that what you are saying normalizes mistrust in real victims and makes it difficult for more real victims to come forward. Every time that someone brings up "But what about the minority that are falsely accused" in response to dealing with sexual abuse, there are people out there who have been too afraid to say anything about how they've been hurt thinking "Well, maybe if I come forward, I won't be believed and everything will just get worse." It's about those people. It's always about the victim. Anyone with a brain can tell that I'm not saying "everyone accused of sexual assault is guilty." But that's not the f***ing point. The point is creating an landscape where those shoved into silence can finally come forward about the atrocities that have happened to them and hopefully put the perpetrators away forever.

If you want to ignore the fact there are innocent victims, wrongly accused and doing time by saying that it would help victims to come forward you are throwing away the baby with the washwater.

It’s just a principle to search and trying to find the truth of what happened.
I know it is an ordeal and very hurtful to real victims. And justice can turn out in the opposite of what was the goal of it.

But what other means do we have, as imperfect as they are?

Exactly, their are going to be some scumbags that have their careers ended by these scandals and rightly so, but there are also going to be some innocent people that have their careers smeared and ended as well. To believe any differently is madness.

Funny example of how Mcrickson says 'I think people who claimed to have been sexually assaulted/raped should be listened to and believed,' well first of all they should definitely be listened to. But Lena Dunham also used to say the same thing until one of her best friends and writers on her show got accused of rape and now she says, 'well sometimes women lie.' Unfortunately as insane as it is to believe we are seeing many cases of women falsely claiming rape, Mcrickson holds his views, fair enough, but let's say it was him that was falsely accused how would he feel about every victim being believed?
Have a read of this article. It's full of common sense and to say the least a refreshing read.

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2017/12/06/the-warlock-hunt/

Benny the Butcher, please help these people!
It can not be so difficult to admit that Morrissey is simply a narcissistic, nationalist, populist liar? How often have we already forgiven him?
It's done, curtains closed and no more cancelations! Wouldn't that be great?
the king fell from his throne and after all these years he turned out to be just a clown with a beautiful singing voice

The real issue is the numbers of rapes and abuses that go unconvicted. The conviction rate is remarkably low whereas the number of false accusations is low to the point of being negligible.(when it does happen the press are on it likes flies on shit).
You can't help but wonder if the faithful here would adopt whatever view their favourite pop star opines.

Last edited:
The real issue is the numbers of rapes and abuses that go unconvicted. The conviction rate is remarkably low whereas the number of false accusations is low to the point of being negligible.(when it does happen the press are on it likes flies on shit).
You can't help but wonder if the faithful here would adopt whatever view their favourite pop star opines.
Well my opinions on false accusations has got zero to do with what Morrissey thinks on the matter. You’ve stated that false reports are next to zero so I’d definitely be interested to see your sources. I’d also be interested to see the stats on false accusations to see if there has been any significant change in that statistic. I agree though reported cases are still too low.

Isn't this going off topic?
It can not be so difficult to admit that Morrissey is simply a narcissistic, nationalist, populist liar? How often have we already forgiven him?
It's done, curtains closed and no more cancelations! Wouldn't that be great?
The king fell from his throne and after all these years he turned out to be just a clown with a beautiful singing voice!
Let's burry him and case closed

No I think I'm Bee Smith off Prisoner Cell Block H, :drama:
I liked vinegar tits better,great show in its day.for anybody who doesn't know it was an Australian womens prison drama from the late eighties,vinegar tits was the spiteful guard who everybody hated.

No, it doesn’t. I think it has nothing to do with Kevin Spacey as such.
Could be about any actor, politician, anyone accused or later being convicted.

He (Kevin Spacey), played a role in that movie. Fact that can’t be erased, but that is exactly what is aimed at and pretending it never happened. Failed.

Are we going to do the same as in the Sovyet Union, rewriting history by removing persons, retouching photos and pictures and films just because they are accused or even convicted?

It happened, we can’t ignore it by pretending it never happened.

It might be disappointing to think about it but there are not only nice and kind people around and if they are not confronted with their evil behaviour they go on.

I can’t see any defence or support of Kevin Spacey by Moz.
He pointed to other circumstances that could play a role too. Which seems to touch a nerve, almost a taboo.

He never accused the real victims.

And, it's not like the film's producers, studio heads, all above the line staff, et al, DIDN'T know about Kevin Spacey. Everybody in the entire entertainment industry was well aware he was some kind of sleazy, reptilian show biz queen sex addict on overdrive. You can't crucify Morrissey over noting the unbelievable hypocrisy of these scandals. Everybody knows about heaux game. Kevin Spacey got his ticket clipped for reasons unknown, as did Harvey Weinstein. And now, too, it seems, possibly Morrissey!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom