Does Suedehead Special Edition Exist?

Kanbot

Hi all,

Could someone explain if this album was ever released?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000024TZL/026-5264498-1528466

It's a special edition of the compilation album Suedehead with extra tracks on the end. I've tried googling etc and cannnot find out for sure if this was ever released, or was, as it says, a special limited edition that has now become very scarce.

Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't think it exists. Tracks 20, 22 and 23 have never been officially released and are highly sought after. So, I think that an official release containing these tracks would have made top news amongst Moz fans!

^Yeah, agreed, that CD was never released - weird that Amazon lists it. On the topic of 'highly sought after', though, November the Second was uploaded by the legendary Mr Reynolds during the message board's previous incarnation. In my opinion, it's a highly boring remix of November Spawned a Monster, but if anyone wants me to upload it, I'd be glad to. :)

xo, math+

Math Tinder said:
^Yeah, agreed, that CD was never released - weird that Amazon lists it. On the topic of 'highly sought after', though, November the Second was uploaded by the legendary Mr Reynolds during the message board's previous incarnation. In my opinion, it's a highly boring remix of November Spawned a Monster, but if anyone wants me to upload it, I'd be glad to. :)

xo, math+

go on with ye, math - upload it. the dj in me quite likes the remix, cos the parts are rather isolated. i think a lot of people would enjoy hearing it.

and while we're at it, we should sticky a mr. reynolds appreciation thread for all time. bless him.

I have meant to ask you for a while now Math, what is your avatar picture? It looks like a dog but I really can't tell :D

off-topic: my avatar

^Heh! :)

Youngest, it's a Polaroid self-portrait by one of my exactly eight heroes, Robert Mapplethorpe. From 1972 to 1975, he did a bunch of Polaroid self-portraits of himself (the vast majority of them were taken in 1973). The Polaroid camera had just come out and a lot of young/new artists were using them to experiment with nude self-portraiture and other naughty-ish things, since it was the first mass-market camera with film that didn't have to be developed.

Mapplethorpe did a couple quite-small shows with his Polaroids, right at the start of his career, but they were basically something he completely forgot about. Around the same time he was also making jewelry - elaborate necklaces and bracelets - another practice he discarded. He decided that jewelry and Polaroids were too pop, that they weren't serious, and that he wanted to be known as a serious artist. (Anyone familiar with the work that made Mapplethorpe famous knows it draws heavily on extremely classical compositions.)

So, quite literally, Robert threw his Polaroids in a drawer and never did anything with them. They sat in a desk of his for years, and then were transferred to some box somewhere when he died.

In 2001, Arena Editions published a book of his Polaroid self-portraits, called Autoportrait. It's out of print now but can generally be got quite cheap, maybe $25 or so, and it's a luscious book, beautiful paper, 63 photographs, wonderfully done. It listed at $65 originally. I opened a copy for the first time in the Times Square Virgin Megastore in October 2001 and gasped out loud. I very nearly fell on the floor. For me, they're the best work he ever did. Ten million times better than the work that made him famous. And he never meant for anyone to see them. He didn't care about them. He never meant to do anything with them.

My avatar's a crop of one of them. Here's the full picture.

autoportrait02.jpg

I personally find Robert Mapplethorpe to be the most attractive person who ever lived, and in the 'What's your fantasy?' thread over in Off-Topic, my answer came easily+immediately: to look exactly like Robert Mapplethorpe in 1973. Here's one of his Polaroids showing his face. Most showing his body are sexual in nature.

autoportrait03_large.jpg

love
math+

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom