Download week 12th -18th February

Oh Jesus, read my last post. I'm not saying that you're doing anything illegal, I'm just saying that buying multiple copies of a single to get the artist to a higher chart position could be seen, by the artist, as a bit pathetic,. As in "It would be nice to have enough fans to get me to number one in my own right, rather than a very small number of fans with more money than sense, who's pity has raised the chart position".

That's all I'm saying. Sheesh.

Well that's only your opinion. You have no way of knowing how many people will download and how many times.

But I apologise. I don't mean to be rude but I’m just getting tired of people being so negative all the time. All we're trying to do is get a song we love by an artist we love in to the charts.

Is that so terrible?

It's not technically cheating (as I'm sure that nobody in the chart compilation office would contest it), but just put yourself in the artists shoes -

"You've got the number 1 spot".
"Brilliant, that's a suprise, how did that happen".
"Everybody who downloaded it did so 25 times"
"Oh"
"Yeah, it's ok, I'm sure you'll get a proper one one day Steven".

I think Morrissey would find it hilarious. And thats MY opinion.

Oasis - YAWN!

A new website aims to get Oasis’ 1995 hit Roll With It to number one on the same week.

Can anyone help me, i've never downloaded from any proper download websites and i want to download "Life is a pigsty" a few times next week, can anyone tell me how to do it, i really hope Moz does get to number one , it's my 16th birthday on Sunday the 18th and it would be icing on top of the ckae if Moz was number one that day

:)
Can anyone help me, i've never downloaded from any proper download websites and i want to download "Life is a pigsty" a few times next week, can anyone tell me how to do it, i really hope Moz does get to number one , it's my 16th birthday on Sunday the 18th and it would be icing on top of the ckae if Moz was number one that day

If you go to the 'where to download' section on the http://www.getmozinthecharts.vze.com/ website you’ll find links to lots of download sites. The cheapest seems to be itunes. 79p per song.

Follow the itunes link and download itunes. Then you just have to set up an account, then type in 'Morrissey' in the search engine and all of the Morrissey songs available for download with appear. Simply find ‘Pigsty’ and click download.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your support :)

Last edited:
I beg to differ, i don't think Moz would see it as pathetic, i think he would be extremely happy with his devoted fans that we all think so highly of him. Besides there are probably people out there that download more than once. But just because there are only 3571 memberss on this site and less than half of these are active doesn't mean to say that out there in the big wide world that there are not enough fans to get Moz in the charts without being pathetic, but i am going to be one of the most pathetic moz fans ever, a £25 i tune card will be dedicated to Life Is A Pigsty. I am proud to do this. :)

VIVA MOZ

I beg to differ, i don't think Moz would see it as pathetic, i think he would be extremely happy with his devoted fans that we all think so highly of him. Besides there are probably people out there that download more than once. But just because there are only 3571 memberss on this site and less than half of these are active doesn't mean to say that out there in the big wide world that there are not enough fans to get Moz in the charts without being pathetic, but i am going to be one of the most pathetic moz fans ever, a £25 i tune card will be dedicated to Life Is A Pigsty. I am proud to do this. :)

VIVA MOZ

hear hear, i'll be spending about the same amount.

any news on the mails to brand and vie etc?
anyone mailed harry hill, bet hes good for a few downloads.

anyone famous you can think of in the uk whos a fan, find their myspazz or somesuch and mail em...

*runs off to google*

A worthwhile phone call huh? I called them. Thought we needed free advertising. What are YOU doing to promote it? Hehe

Wow, that's brilliant! Nice work :) :D

I'm Australian - can anybody clarify what is happening with the ebay auction??

Are we going to somehow set up a 'buy it now' option??
I think it's the easiest way for us to download- easier than registering for itunes, etc.

I'd gladly hand over some $$ and really want to participate, if you guys could keep trying to help us non-brits out, that would be awesome. I'd do more if I could, but I'm slightly, uh, technically challenged, so please excuse my ignorance here...

Cheers :)

Re: Oasis - YAWN!

More bad news - HMV website is giving away a free download of Cold War Kids whoever they are. But if its free I'm sure they'll have thousands of takers.

I think that a financial transaction has to occur for it to register as a sale, and the chart is a list of sales.

Wow, that's brilliant! Nice work :) :D

I'm Australian - can anybody clarify what is happening with the ebay auction??

Are we going to somehow set up a 'buy it now' option??
I think it's the easiest way for us to download- easier than registering for itunes, etc.

I'd gladly hand over some $$ and really want to participate, if you guys could keep trying to help us non-brits out, that would be awesome. I'd do more if I could, but I'm slightly, uh, technically challenged, so please excuse my ignorance here...

Cheers :)

Yeah good point. We need to get someone to but up a few 'buy it now' downloads.

Does anyone who has a ebay sellers account be willing to do this?

Someone on the guestbook said that there are two versions of Pigsty on iTunes, one is 7:22mins and the other 7:24mins (i think)

Does it matter which one is downloaded?

P.S. The one on the Woolworths website is 7:22mins

Someone on the guestbook said that there are two versions of Pigsty on iTunes, one is 7:22mins and the other 7:24mins (i think)

Does it matter which one is downloaded?

P.S. The one on the Woolworths website is 7:22mins

I don't think it should matter because they're both the same song with the same title but I'm no expert.

But I think to be safe we should advise people to download the 7.22 version because that’s the how long the album version is. What do you think?

If you agree then maybe you should put it up on the website and I’ll leave a comment on the main board.

OK we'll go with the 7:22 version, I'll send out a newsletter now, and you stick the message on the main board :)

should be an interesting week!

Back
Top Bottom